Swiggy executive refuses to deliver to marked location without valid address

Exactly what i was thinking. How the hell will tamper-proof tapes work if the delivery guys just have a roll of it? And i'm pretty sure getting a roll won't be too hard. Since the company sends them to their restaurant partners, someone can appropriate a roll anywhere in the chain.
Noting is foolproof but it will help na, not every delivery guy will carry tapes. Even if you go dine at a restaurent the waiters / helpers / cleaners can still have bites of your food anyway.

^ when order is delivered before time, you get an prompt in swiggy app asking if "food is delivered" or not. IF you select "I did not receive food" customer care immediately calls delivery guy and asks him.

The thing is the delivery guy's no. was switched off and the 'Not Delivered' button simply redirects you to call the delivery guy in-charge of your food, not the customer care. Lmao

That's somewhat still acceptable, as long as it didn't have any bodily fluids (iykwim!)
Restaurants cooking floors are hot and humid places. High sweat rate inside while the delivery guy was chilling in the cool madurai breeze and also using spoons though the spoon he probably just swiped with a tissue and gave to customer anyway , lol.

Burning through the investors capital while it lasts.. Will soon go under though, no doubt about it..

Yeah but they keep getting new/more VCs to back them and so it's almost a never ending saga. It's about as crazy as stock market gambling or futures trading, but who are we to say...[DOUBLEPOST=1544616046][/DOUBLEPOST]There's a hyderabadi biryani restaurant near my place that packs the food in those silvery plastic bags. Heat sealed. Pretty sure those cant be tampered with. Even with the maharashtra plastic ban, some people are using those. Plastic/aluminum foil containers with replaceable caps can be easily tampered with.

Last edited by a moderator:
if customer care cant reach delivery guy, then they'll automatically give refund
Nothing in Swiggy is automatic boy. You have to fight with them on phone for 1/2 hour. I tried fighting with CC on web chat at first but they said they can't give refund without confirmation from "delivery partner" in this case the delivery agent's no. was switched off so web chat failed, waited for 15 mins nothing, then again 15 mins on phone and finally got the refund

So this is what happened. I ordered on Swiggy at my relatives house and since that relative doesn't have a registered house no. the executive was unwilling to come at the marked location giving an excuse that the gps wasn't working even though I tried to give him exact directions. In the end after 1.5 hours of wait, I had to cancel the order. On 2/2 occasions, same happened. So is Swiggy reliable at very backward cities in India? I'd say a strong no. Even in Delhi where I own an apartment with a valid address, if I pick up their call, they ask me 99 % of the time to come down and collect the order and I have to reject their request every time(since I have a valid address in Delhi and apartment no. lol), if I don't pick up their call, they come at my doorstep and harass me by violent tone. Otherwise everything is fine with Swiggy. And this all inconvenience happens with a free man who likes to eat junk food and play games. Imagine the type of inconvenience that happens with working ppl who don't have a lot of free time
Stop having junk man simple! :)

Pretty easy for you to say after you saw all the posts I made about Swiggy. Had you written that earlier, I wouldn't have bothered to post so much
Don't want to hurt your feelings but I have faced so many issues ordering food from apps that I don't think it is worth it! But yes quitting junk food is not easy.

Stop having junk man simple! :)
Ok so this guy likes junk good and he suffered. And what about those people who rely everytime on these apps for ordering proper food at night or lunch time during or after office hours??
Now you cannot say hire a maid or opt for tiffin services or even get married or stay with your family.

Sadly, in india, the solution to most problems is "get married". People get a wife when all they really need a maid...

Nothing in Swiggy is automatic boy. You have to fight with them on phone for 1/2 hour. I tried fighting with CC on web chat at first but they said they can't give refund without confirmation from "delivery partner" in this case the delivery agent's no. was switched off so web chat failed, waited for 15 mins nothing, then again 15 mins on phone and finally got the refund
It might your experience but I've always gotten my refund pretty much instantly the one or two times the delivery guy was late.

Ok so this guy likes junk good and he suffered. And what about those people who rely everytime on these apps for ordering proper food at night or lunch time during or after office hours??
Now you cannot say hire a maid or opt for tiffin services or even get married or stay with your family.
I agree but I have observed, the more we rely on anyone else the more hassles we go through. There are some areas in Delhi NCR where they don't want to deliver for reasons like people not paying them etc OR It could be a glitch and maybe can be fixed by contacting swiggy.

Sadly, in india, the solution to most problems is "get married". People get a wife when all they really need a maid...
This is actually a pure white collar exploitation of women happening here since ages & will go on as long as there is life on earth.
If you don't get married by 28, people will start giving you all sort of tensions and pokes stating who will care for you after us, who will give you to eat, what when you fall ill, what about you property after your death etc etc. These taunts and suggestions sound too scary than watching horror flicks.
Your relatives, parents and pokers just want to tie a girl on your neck so that your care can be taken till your death.
What they basically need is a maid-for-life for you or a nurse.

But nobody cares about the opposite gender here.
This mentality is never gonna change.

And now if you dont get married you are seen as lgbt class which they think as 3rd class. Pity pathetic psychology!

This slogan fits perrrfect
"Padhega India but kabhi nahi badhega india aur aise hi marega aur aurat ko marega India"

Last edited:
This is actually a pure white collar exploitation of women happening since ages & will go on tas long as there is life on earth.
If you don't get married by 28 people will start giving you all sort of tensions and pokes stating who will care for you after us, who will give you to eat, what when you fall ill, what about you property after your death etc etc. These taunts and suggestions sound too scary than watching horror flicks.
Your relatives parents and pokers just want to tie a girl on your neck so that your care can be taken till your death.
What they basically need is a maid-for-life for you or a nurse.

But nobody cares about the opposite gender here.
This mentality is never gonna change.

And now if you dont get married you are seen ad lgbt class which they think as 3rd class. Pity pathetic psychology!

This slogan fits perrrfect
"Padhega India but kabhi nahi badhega india aur aise hi marega aur aurat ko marega India"
but in urban areas, it works in opposite also right? many of my friends just had marriage as a goal and many are settle now in abroad with their husbands

Back