Swiggy executive refuses to deliver to marked location without valid address

i first came across this pin business with amazon

Really? I've never experienced or even heard about amazon using pins for delivery. Makes a lot of sense though. Think of it as 2fa for delivery.

Can't solve soap/rocks in the package though...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had mixed experience about this on Amazon. I have orders above 15k for which in some cases OTP was sent and not sent in few other cases. In one case, both orders are from same vendor and purchased at same time, but dispatched from different warehouses. So, I doubt its based on cost. Maybe its provided as a option available to vendor to chose for how each product order is fulfilled.

Worst thing about Swiggy is that they literally keep anyone who is looking for a job. Swiggy's reliability is 0% compared to Zomato. Half of the times deliveryman can't find the address even though the location on map are 100 % accurate along with the address and I even try to give them exact directions. This is why mobile ordering apps are not reliable

Worst thing about Swiggy is that they literally keep anyone who is looking for a job. Swiggy's reliability is 0% compared to Zomato. Half of the times deliveryman can't find the address even though the location on map are 100 % accurate along with the address and I even try to give them exact directions. This is why mobile ordering apps are not reliable
And its exactly opposite with me. Swiggy has never ever dialled me even once for my last 8 orders since I started using it. With zomato had real weirdo experiences. The guy kept revolving around my society itself but was so blind to never enter big gates nor had commonsense to even ask the gatekeeper instead kept calling me asking for more directions.

Really? I've never experienced or even heard about amazon using pins for delivery. Makes a lot of sense though. Think of it as 2fa for delivery.

Can't solve soap/rocks in the package though...
The order was 7k worth. Maybe below that value they don't use pins. It's a new thing as i'd never dealt with this before.

The delivery guy refused to release the parcel unless i gave him the pin. Fumbled through my messages and found amazon sent a pin an hour before the delivery arrived. If you order COD then it isn't necessary, had already paid up front for this order.

Guess you can call it 2fa for delivery. I've never lost a delivery so far but it must have happened to others for them to implement such a system.

Last edited:
I had ordered a monitor from Amazon recently. Delivery guy asked me for the PIN and entered it in a handheld device I think before giving me the monitor. Its definitely a thing.

I have a recent video of zomato guy where he eats partial food meant to be delivered and then repacks it. Seems someone secretly shot it. Received it as is on WhatsApp.

exact opposite for me. swiggy always delivers apart from one incident last month when their tracking went down but the order was still delivered. zomato,on the other hand, always ****s up even though its same restaurant as swiggy uses.

Foodpanda has to be the biggest scammer in the business. There had been an article about gaming the system.

I placed an order using the FP app about 2 months back, and they had supplied coupons on that day as well. The order got placed with the coupon applied. It was decided that we order another item from the same restaurant and so I proceeded to see if the coupon was valid for multiple use or not. It got applied, and while choosing the payment method, an error popped up. The msg read that the restaurant had closed. This was odd as the time was only 5:30-ish. Subway would not close this early. So I called em up and they confirmed that they were indeed open. "Foodpanda does that at times Sir" was the revelation.

The fellow proceeds to tell me that my earlier successfully placed order has been canceled as well, and not from Subway's side. This was very surprising, to say the least. I hadn't recd any msg about this till now, but after 10 mins that dreadful text arrived. Next thing I know, my account has been banned. Reason: "Unfair coupon usage detected".
The icing and the cherry on the cake? They banned other 2 accounts of my family members as well citing the same reason.

Got in touch with their useless CC via FB and twitter, only to be told the stock response: "Kindly DM your details, we will resolve ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience". Did the needful and got a one-line reply after about 3-4 days: "Sorry, the account has been banned due to unfair coupon usage". WTF moment right there. I told them that I was aware of this stupid reason that was being shown to me, get me the details! Ofc, the pitiful state of the CC in India means this is hard to comprehend.

Swiggy has been to the rescue (thankfully). They do have all the restaurants covered up that I gen order from. The delivery guy calls up before arriving. Not gonna venture into zomato after their data breach + that horrendous video showing that fatso gobbling + resealing the food containers.

How/Why in the world do these delivery guys have access to those sealing tapes? Is that not defeating the entire purpose of putting seals on the food boxes in the first place itself?!?

Last edited:
Exactly what i was thinking. How the hell will tamper-proof tapes work if the delivery guys just have a roll of it? And i'm pretty sure getting a roll won't be too hard. Since the company sends them to their restaurant partners, someone can appropriate a roll anywhere in the chain.

Just right now today i got one swiggy order marked delivered without the delivery executive actually handing me the food. And guess what? The food never reached my home and I had to battle it out with the customer care for 1/2 hour to make them give me the refund to my PayTM wallet. Food ordering apps are deteriorating day by day. Here is the screenshot of the same:

Attachments

• unnamed (2).png
    unnamed (2).png
    647.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
^ when order is delivered before time, you get an prompt in swiggy app asking if "food is delivered" or not. IF you select "I did not receive food" customer care immediately calls delivery guy and asks him.

Back