Swiggy executive refuses to deliver to marked location without valid address

Zaibatsu

Disciple
So this is what happened. I ordered on Swiggy at my relatives house and since that relative doesn't have a registered house no. the executive was unwilling to come at the marked location giving an excuse that the gps wasn't working even though I tried to give him exact directions. In the end after 1.5 hours of wait, I had to cancel the order. On 2/2 occasions, same happened. So is Swiggy reliable at very backward cities in India? I'd say a strong no. Even in Delhi where I own an apartment with a valid address, if I pick up their call, they ask me 99 % of the time to come down and collect the order and I have to reject their request every time(since I have a valid address in Delhi and apartment no. lol), if I don't pick up their call, they come at my doorstep and harass me by violent tone. Otherwise everything is fine with Swiggy. And this all inconvenience happens with a free man who likes to eat junk food and play games. Imagine the type of inconvenience that happens with working ppl who don't have a lot of free time

Last edited:
Love how delivery guys are called executives these days. Why do you have to come down to accept the delivery if you live in an appartment. Doorman bldg ?

Recently ordered from Swiggy for the first time. Even though map was showing exact location with correct route, he went some where else. Called me angrily and I directed him. After handing over the food, he pulled out his phone and rated me 3/5 in front of me So, I gave him 2/5 instead of 5/5 that I always give.

Recently ordered from Swiggy for the first time. Even though map was showing exact location with correct route, he went some where else. Called me angrily and I directed him. After handing over the food, he pulled out his phone and rated me 3/5 in front of me So, I gave him 2/5 instead of 5/5 that I always give.
Since when did swiggy delivery guys rate the customer

Experienced members as this is an appropriate thread I like to ask,

Is it possible for them to temper with your delivery food, like spit or dip dirty finger or eat some ....something like that...for the reason of fun or revenge etc.

Is it possible for them to temper with your delivery food, like spit or dip dirty finger or eat some ....something like that...for the reason of fun or revenge etc.

That is absolutely possible. Here are 2 video links I came across in the past of Dominos workers doing their misdeeds . Dominos speaking of which is a very big company and has it's outlets worldwide. And these videos have it's valid news sources on Google aswell-

This can happen anywhere at any restaurent they will take revenge only if you do something wrong

Food Order Apps ... COD only unless crazy coupons are there.
Paid upfornt, its a nightmare if you live on a high floor without lift

If you think swiggy is bad then don't even think about foodpanda.

They will access your messages even without giving them permission. They will automatically detect OTP while logging in.
Last year Ola bought foodpanda india and now they automatically sign you up on Ola if you use fp.
If you use more than 3 accounts on your app then they will lock you out and a message will appear saying 'you have accessed too many accounts', leaving you to use one of these 3 accounts.
They don't even have customer care number and you can only contact them via app, that too related to your recent order.
If you go to their site then they have hidden option to log in so that you will use their app.
For ordering on their site you will have to google foodpanda 'forgot password' and then from there you get the option to log in/sign up.
I delinked my paytm account but foodpanda still won't let it go.
They will spam you everyday with discount promo codes but if you use them then they will lock you out from using them.
Whenever i try to use the promo they just sent me i get 'these promo codes are not valid for you'.
I contacted their customer care and they said that I am blacklisted from using them, i will have to email them regarding the issue. No thanks I will simply not use your service.

So in my advice don't use foodpanda, they are most shady and unprofessional food ordering app.

Yeah foodpanda is the worst. I used them only on those massive discount days. Have had 4 cancellations and the refund takes a week to come. Their customer service is also technically inferior and useless. I once accidentally gave their executive extra money and i din check the order too and the order also was wrong :confused: :banghead: So not only did i lose more money that i should have i had to give away the food which was a crappy alu puri sabzi while i had ordered a nice paneer thali. The delivery exec then din pick my phone and neither the customer care helped me so i had to write off that as a loss due to my double mistake.

Just order from the hotel directly. Go to nearby hotels one Sunday, and take their menu if they allow home delivery (who does not?). You get hot food on time and even if you tip the boy who delivers food 50 rupees, you don't have to bother with all these hassles of wrong food etc. There may be problems sometimes but atleast you will get to speak to the hotel staff or owner directly instead of call center people.

The way I look at it, all these food delivery apps are just middlemen leech type business that have no value whatsoever. They just aggregate contact info of hotels in your area and take money from you and the hotel for doing a bad job.

Just order from the hotel directly. Go to nearby hotels one Sunday, and take their menu if they allow home delivery (who does not?). You get hot food on time and even if you tip the boy who delivers food 50 rupees, you don't have to bother with all these hassles of wrong food etc. There may be problems sometimes but atleast you will get to speak to the hotel staff or owner directly instead of call center people.

The way I look at it, all these food delivery apps are just middlemen leech type business that have no value whatsoever. They just aggregate contact info of hotels in your area and take money from you and the hotel for doing a bad job.
The value is in the discounts actually. Almost all have offers running plus if you order from restaurants they sometimes ask for miminum order over 350 etc and within 3 kms radius terms n cos. Since i spend a lot of money on food i know if i had ordered same stuff directly i would have paid 30-40% more for sure.

Most decent restaurants at least here in Hyderabad don't have home delivery at all or very limited capability for it They may have a couple of guys doing the deliveries in a very small radius. So you may end up with "no one to deliver" or "too far" or in some cases wait for 1 hour or more till they can pool a number of orders and do delivery at once. So you will get cold food after a long wait if at all and get charged Rs 50 or more for that. Further, it would almost always cost me a lot more go to the restaurant for the take away.

In some cases, the restaurant is so popular that they simply cannot cope with the deliveries themselves. I have seen lines of 70+ zomato delivery and another 30+ swiggy guys at Bawarchi in Hyderabad on a Saturday afternoon.

So, yeah, services like swiggy, zomato, ubereats do have an important role to play. I can order from a bunch of restaurants in a fairly decent radius around my home and I can also get deliveries from places like sweets shops and bakeries, ice cream parlors that almost never have home delivery. Discounts don't even come into the equation to determine whether their existence is meaningful. They are just an added bonus on top.

If you think swiggy is bad then don't even think about foodpanda.

They don't even have customer care number and you can only contact them via app, that too related to your recent order.
So in my advice don't use foodpanda, they are most shady and unprofessional food ordering app.

This!
It was a nightmare in getting a refund for one of my orders which was never delivered. Their app however showed that the delivery boy had picked up the order and delivered it all within 3 mins from a restaurant which was about 5kms from my location.
The chat support within app did not work as I got no reply from them. Then I emailed them, contacted on twitter.. No response anywhere..
Finally went to leave a negative feedback on play store and to my surprise most negative reviews mention the exact same issue!
Never ever ordering from foodpanda!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180919-193728_foodpanda.jpg
    Screenshot_20180919-193728_foodpanda.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 179
They came up with a pin now, unless the customer gives the pin to the delivery guy, he can't mark it as delivered. I think they got the idea from OLA since the merger...

They came up with a pin now, unless the customer gives the pin to the delivery guy, he can't mark it as delivered. I think they got the idea from OLA since the merger...

How do you think Uber and Ola are helping drivers to cancel rides free of cost recently? It's an inside job bro. I booked an Ola twice and both rides were cancelled from OLA's side since the driver was unwilling to travel 2-3 KMs to the desired pick-up location. I don't think it will make any difference to the delivery man

Agree about ola and uber but currently with FP, there's no way the delivery guy can do anything without the customer giving him the pin. FP sux anyway, haven't used it in a couple weeks now...

Back