Sukam Inverter - Electronic buzz

Couple of days back I was getting my inverter installed. Its Falcon I Series. Post installation, I found it making high pitch noise (like those night bugs). Can any fellow member comment if Sukam inverter are known to make noise like those? I have asked my dealer to replace the same, however the dealer mentioned that these inverter make that much noise. The inverter is not yet installed and am looking for options.

I love my home's silence and wouldn't like to compromise on it.

~LT

I think its a transformer gone wrong , I have read couple of times , the transformer can make this sound .Is the sound erratic ? Google around ,you should get the info .

All Sinewave inverters make this noise... There is nothing wrong with your inverter... So all you can do is keep the inverter at a place in your house where the noise would become least audible....

Simply try to ignore it... No home is that silent in night that this noise can bother you....

Well I have APC sine wave 1KVA inverter & it doesn't make any sound ...

once its on the load then only it makes the sound but its not high pitch...

sometimes around full load when fans are running then only it makes audioable

sound like harmonic motion

It is normal with sinewave inverter. Place that Dubba in your store room :p, i did the same.. I have Microtek 700w... It sounds same.. :(

sharmapu said:
Well I have APC sine wave 1KVA inverter & it doesn't make any sound ...
once its on the load then only it makes the sound but its not high pitch...
sometimes around full load when fans are running then only it makes audioable
sound like harmonic motion
Usually when Inverter is idle this sound is so low that almost inaudible but when inverter switches to DC or if its charging the battery then only you can notice the sound...

racy1 said:
Usually when Inverter is idle this sound is so low that almost inaudible but when inverter switches to DC or if its charging the battery then only you can notice the sound...

Ok that figures, cause as soon as it was switched on it started charging the battery and that did make noise. Also when it switched to DC it made noise. hmm

Thanks mate.

~LT

Hi last week I bought a sukam falcon plus inverter. The inverter is giving a humming sound. It is pure sine wave inverter. Is it normal or do I have to replace it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi last week I bought a sukam falcon plus inverter. The inverter is giving a humming sound. It is pure sine wave inverter. Is it normal or do I have to replace it?
I bought the exact same inverter installed 2 weeks ago and never noticed any humming sound yet. I suggest you to check with the dealer for clarifications.

IIRC and IINM, somewhere else it was posted on this forum, similar issue, technician replaced the capacitor which resolved their hum/noise.

Back