Suggest some good ceiling fans?

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Need to buy 5 ceiling fans for my new flat. Can somebody suggest some good models with wing span >= 1200 mm and preferably in and around 3k each.

Also noticed that there are some fans with Brush-less DC motors which consume significantly less power. How do these fans compare in terms of air flow and overall performance with regular AC fans. These don't seem to be available in well known brands like USHA or Crompton through.

Whatever you do DO NOT BUY BAJAJ! don't use bajaj even if the dealer pays you to do so.

their bearings will die 5 times in the 2 year warranty period. major pita[DOUBLEPOST=1488214251][/DOUBLEPOST]Not BLDC, but crompton still makes some decent fans. although i've found it hard to get 1400mm models in anything other than the plain designs. which may be a good thing actually. Orient may be ok too. havells is fancy and dicey.

Unfortunately I'm looking for a 1400mm fan,

Did you end up buying any 1400mm fan? I myself have this dilemma presently. My bed rooms are 12' x 12' and 14' x 12' each. I am not sure whether a 1200mm fan would be enough to blow air till the corners of the rooms.

The problem with large bedrooms is not the fan sweep, rather, it's the layout. Typically a bed is installed against one wall. And a ceiling fan is installed in the middle of the room. Then consider that spaces such as the entranceway from the door, and the passage leading to the bathroom, or the space in front of the cupboard/wardrobe don't need the fan.

Optimally, the bed position should be decided beforehand and the fan should be installed directly over the bed, offset from the center of the room. Otherwise it's a major PITA in huge rooms, with just your feet getting most of the air. What about a desk/table? Well, in my old 10x12 bedroom, with barely a few feet between the computer table and the bed, the cieling fan still wasn't covering the sitting area well enough. This was a 1200mm of course, but what i'm saying is that in huge rooms, a central fan just can't cover everything. One possible solution is an additional wall fan to cover the desk area.

I was looking at Super Fan A1/V1 mainly to reduce noise but it looks like they're not as quiet as advertised.
In my case I provided the builder a map with furniture placement but still ended up with fans in the centre of the room and beds in the corner.
Will a 1200mm sweep suffice for 12'x12' rooms? Orient EcoTech looks expensive, does anyone have details on how quiet Gorilla fans run.

Back