Suggest Mechanical Keyboard

I would suggest not to get one under 3k if you already have TVS.

Most of the sub 3.5-4k keyboards have cheap and scratchy switches. I have a TVS and a chinese one with early Kailh switches. I feel TVS is much better.

Rather than keyboard brands, look for what switches they use. Better upgrade will be - Gateron/late 2017+ Kailh/Cherry switches

If investing above 3k why not get gaming keyboard then? Rest are considered cheap just coz of superiority of cherry keys. Other keys aren't superior but also definitely not that cheap. Also dont want to be stuck with same boring keyboard lifelong. No doubt tvs is good and friend using it since 6yrs+ still strong. But i would like changes at least every 2-3yrs so think >3k kbs make sense.
Already have Logitech G15 going strong since 4+ yrs just got bored of it hence wanna try hands on mechanical now.

If you just want to change it because you are bored, why not MS natural? and next it could be something else. I dont know much about 'Gaming Keyboards'. I look into whats best for my typing (ofcourse mechanical).

With these cheap ones, you are basically downgrading to lower quality ones. That was what I meant.

Regarding switches, latest Kailh and Gateron (both clones) are as good or better than Cherry. And they are adding more options - MOD series/Gateron Yellow & others
Once Cherry's patent expired, the first thing the Chinese did was to clone and they were crappy. Over last year or so there has been lot of changes in the market. You can see quite a lot of newer and better switches.

PS: And most 'Gaming Keyboards' use clones. Razer uses Kailh AFAIK

Switches to avoid - Older Kailh, Long Hua, Outemu, axis

^membrane keyboards are shit. Get the cosmicbyte one for 3k. thats the best choice under 3k imo. It comes in both blue and brown variants. Get the zebronics one if youre okay with zebronics brand. cosmicbyte gets 6months extra warranty upon registration on their site so 1 and half years of warranty is pretty good deal

Back