Suggest me a beginner level Telescope

avi

Skilled
I wanted to buy a Telescope and had kept postponing. Now PayTM has a offer going on, about 40% off, which makes it a sweet deal.

Looking for a beginner telescope. Can anyone suggest me something? It's mostly for astronomical viewing ( but terrestrial view wouldn't hurt. ) Don't need a smaller one or compact, it can be big as much it can.

Budget - 9-10K (so that post offer its 5-6K)

I went to a place last year where a guy had his telescopes setup on a small hill. each was the size of 5-6feet and he said it would cost around 250,000 USD. each telescope had its own computer to track a particular star. some of the scopes had their own domes.

btw, what I wanted to say in this thread is that, buying just the telescope is utter useless unless you can attach a camera to it. also some arduino kit rotate the telescope and then track the star/galaxy. then you can take some meaningful pictures. otherwise you only end up seeing blurry blobs or neighbours changing clothes.

btw, there is a guy in India who has online shop for selling everything related to telescopes. cant remember the site though.

I wanted to buy a Telescope and had kept postponing. Now PayTM has a offer going on, about 40% off, which makes it a sweet deal.

Looking for a beginner telescope. Can anyone suggest me something? It's mostly for astronomical viewing ( but terrestrial view wouldn't hurt. ) Don't need a smaller one or compact, it can be big as much it can.

Budget - 9-10K (so that post offer its 5-6K)

This should help you.
https://www.physicsforums.com/index.php?threads/391086/

Back