CPU/Mobo Suggest AIO Liquid cooler for Ryzen 2700x

Lord Nemesis

Overlord
Skilled
Looking for recommendations on AIO Liquid cooler for Ryzen 2700X (and beyond)

Needs to be AM4 compatible out of the box with 280mm or 360mm Rad.

At first look, choices seem to be Corsiar H115i Pro and Corsair H150i Pro. Any other options from Thermaltake and others that are better and available in the Indian market?

Fan Sound is not too of much of a concern compared to performance considering that I am running a 120x38mm delta fan for my CPU HSF along with several other fans.

I bought corsair h100i which is supposed to have the colorful leds etc... its been five years since I've been using it. never really had time to overclock the processor. but I am really pissed at the software part of that cooler. they were supposed to provide a ui tool to configure everything related to the cooler. like changing the led colors (which is lame of course) but also configure profiles for temperatures and fan speeds etc... This software was piece of shit. looked as if someone out of college wrote it. never properly worked and pain in the ass to deal with. because of this, I highly advise against getting corsair stuff.

Needs to be available in India. Cant get it from US.

Are the Thermaltake's any good, I was talking to the thermaltake distributor today and he told me that all their LCS models are available in Hyderabad.

I can see CM and Antec are the other brands available. NZXT Kraken 62 is listed, but not available.

Going through various reviews, it looks like there are some other differences as well. The Corsair H115i Pro/H150i Pro uses the newest generation Asetek pump which is smaller and the overall CPU block is also smaller in size. The performance is also apparently a bit worse than previous corsair CLC's[DOUBLEPOST=1526276356][/DOUBLEPOST]
NZXT Kraken X62. Currently available at Primeabgb for pre-order, out of stock on other online stores. Primeabgb link- https://www.primeabgb.com/online-pr...x62-02-280mm-one-water-liquid-rgb-cpu-cooler/

I read that it apparently has a high rate of failure and prime is the guy importing it.

Last edited:
Going through various reviews, it looks like there are some other differences as well. The Corsair H115i Pro/H150i Pro uses the newest generation Asetek pump which is smaller and the overall CPU block is also smaller in size. The performance is also apparently a bit worse than previous corsair CLC's[DOUBLEPOST=1526276356][/DOUBLEPOST]

I read that it apparently has a high rate of failure and prime is the guy importing it.
It does not have high failure rates but some people have reported problems with its pump, so yeah some reliability issue is there. If you have a big case and don't move your PC that much you can consider air cooler. They are more reliable than liquid coolers and cheap. This is a comparison on Threadripper.

Those pump problems are what I call failures. You can check online. Too many people reporting about pump failures in under 6 months. Some even had leaks. In any case, NZXT is only imported by Prime if I am right and they don't keep enough items in stock to issue replacements. And that's assuming that the failures don't cause damage to the rest of the system.

As for regular HSF's, considering the cost of good HSF's (Noctua's are selling for 7-8k) and their poor availablity in India these days I would rather go for a CLC. Then there is also component clearance issues I need to consider with large coolers.

Those pump problems are what I call failures. You can check online. Too many people reporting about pump failures in under 6 months. Some even had leaks. In any case, NZXT is only imported by Prime if I am right and they don't keep enough items in stock to issue replacements. And that's assuming that the failures don't cause damage to the rest of the system.

As for regular HSF's, considering the cost of good HSF's (Noctua's are selling for 7-8k) and their poor availablity in India these days I would rather go for a CLC. Then there is also component clearance issues I need to consider with large coolers.
Not sure what causes pump failure on X62, its made by Asetek like others, and the leakage is probably due to mishandling by the user or in shipping. The other option you have is Corsair H115i. The Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT you mentioned is got beaten by EVGA CLC 280 Which is internally same like H115i. Bigger is not always better holds true in this case.

Last edited:
Not sure what causes pump failure on X62, its made by Asetek like others, and the leakage is probably due to mishandling by the user or in shipping.

Few people are blaming the control software and the variable rate pump used in the design. There are people with pump issues even after 3 replacements The leak issues are isolated, but seem to have happened out of the blue without any interference.

The other option you have is Corsair H115i. The Thermaltake Floe Riing RGB 360 TT you mentioned is got beaten by EVGA CLC 280 Which is internally same like H115i. Bigger is not always better holds true in this case.

Its not just about bigger or better. From what I have researched the H115i Extreme uses a older gen design, but has better performance than H115i Pro. Both the pump and the contact surface of CPU block are smaller on the newer model H115i/150i Pro. Every review that I have watched says that these cooler designs have sacrificed performance for smaller footprint and lower noise levels.

EVGA CLC 280 wins by sheer brute forcing with 2200 RPM 140 mm fans. I would buy it if it were available in India, but its not. I don't mind getting a 280mm model as long as it performs.

Between the newer corsair 280mm/360mm and the Thermaltake counterparts, the Thermaltake's seems to have an edge.

Few people are blaming the control software and the variable rate pump used in the design. There are people with pump issues even after 3 replacements The leak issues are isolated, but seem to have happened out of the blue without any interference.

Its not just about bigger or better. From what I have researched the H115i Extreme uses a older gen design, but has better performance than H115i Pro. Both the pump and the contact surface of CPU block are smaller on the newer model H115i/150i Pro. Every review that I have watched says that these cooler designs have sacrificed performance for smaller footprint and lower noise levels.

EVGA CLC 280 wins by sheer brute forcing with 2200 RPM 140 mm fans. I would buy it if it were available in India, but its not. I don't mind getting a 280mm model as long as it performs.

Between the newer corsair 280mm/360mm and the Thermaltake counterparts, the Thermaltake's seems to have an edge.
By bigger I meant the 360mm thermaltake cooler, it loses to a smaller cooler. Usually bigger is better in cooling but this is not the case with this cooler. I am talking about the Corsair H115i or you can call it the extreme version not the pro version. It performs similar to EVGA CLC 280 and it is available in India.

I ended up ordering the Corsiar H115i Pro RGB. Didn't see any point trying to hunt for the AM4 bracket for the older models.

Planning to replace the stock Corsair ML fans with a couple of Noctua A14 iPPC 3000 fans and hoping it would top the performance of the older H115i extreme series.

I ended up ordering the Corsiar H115i Pro RGB. Didn't see any point trying to hunt for the AM4 bracket for the older models.

Planning to replace the stock Corsair ML fans with a couple of Noctua A14 iPPC 3000 fans and hoping it would top the performance of the older H115i extreme series.
Even am planning to go for H115i, did u faced any issues, so far?

Thanks.

Back