Stolen iPhone 7 32 GB

I don't understand theft protection and IMEI tracking neither. That's why I'm asking. Does IMEI tracking work at all? It's more than 1 year since I lost my phone and it hasn't yet been recovered. Has anyone checked this article? Hindustan Times claims IMEI no. of Android phones can be easily changed using a device called flasher- https://www.hindustantimes.com/delh...olen-phones/story-2vlTNSOMrMVVjtiKyopnPM.html
androids cant be tracked by IMEI. From what i can gather Apple has this thing where they can and on their website. I've narrated an experience in india from a couple years back

androids cant be tracked by IMEI. From what i can gather Apple has this thing where they can and on their website. I've narrated an experience in india from a couple years back

I guess iPhone's IMEI can be changed after all. A simple google search answered my question. There's nothing that cannot be done. It has already been answered on Quora. And we foolish people are buying such expensive gadgets with a safetyness feeling that stolen phones can easily be found after filing a FIR

https://www.quora.com/How-can-you-change-the-IMEI-of-an-iPhone

IMEI or Inteational Mobile Equipment Identity number is a code having 15-17 digits which can be used to identify any phone on a network. This number is very important for security purposes as this can be used to identify lost or stolen phones. But if you are looking for a way to change your IMEI number on your iPhone or simple have a personalized IMEI code, there is a way using ZiPhone to do the same. Here we have the tutorial to change the IMEI number of your iPhone.

Phone lookup:

Prerequisites:

• The iPhone should be unlocked. Changing the IMEI number works on 4.6 BL (112 and 113 ootb)
  • Jailbreak your iPhone
  • Activating the new IMEI number works on every OS version except youtube on 1.0.X.
  • Changing the IMEI number will void the warranty of your iPhone
  • Do not change the IMEI number of any stolen iPhone since it is illegal
  • Step by step guide to change the IMEI number
    • Download the ZiPhone software from this LINK and extract the package.
    • Now run the Command Prompt by typing CMD in the Run dialog box. The Run dialog box can be accessed by pressing Windows+R.
    • Now start the phone in recovery mode. Press the Sleep/Wake and Power button and hold till the Apple logo is visible. Then release the Sleep/Wake button and the iTunes logo with a cable will appear on the screen. Connect the iPhone to the PC in this mode.
    • In the Command Prompt, type in the address of the folder location of the ZiPhone.cd Desktop/ZiPhone
    • Then Type in ZiPhone. All the uses of the software will be displayed which includes activation, jailbreak and unlock.
    • If you are using a 4.6 BL iPhone then type in:ziphone-u-i a123456789012345Here instead of 123456789012345, insert the required IMEI number.
    • Now the software will start functioning and will search for the zibri.dat file. Once completed, the phone will reboot automatically.
    You’re done! You have successfully changed the IMEI number of your phone. If you have any queries then do comment below and we will get in touch shortly.

hope that helps

upvote to appreciate

-varun

I guess iPhone's IMEI can be changed after all. A simple google search answered my question. There's nothing that cannot be done. It has already been answered on Quora. And we foolish people are buying such expensive gadgets with a safetyness feeling that stolen phones can easily be found after filing a FIR

https://www.quora.com/How-can-you-change-the-IMEI-of-an-iPhone
They are all quoting from some source. Who there has done it ?

There are equal number of people saying it can't be done.

makes me think this is a tricky affair to pull off

Off-topic, but quora has really gotten useless over the past couple of years. Just people blindly copy-pasting answers in hopes of getting upvotes.

It cannot be done on Iphone now but was possible in the past, where as its poosible to do on android (most of them) but for this you need the right box which writes the IMEI #.

Also any phone can be tracked with imei number and that can only be done by the police department. Apple in no way gonna give u details where your phone with the perticulor imei is being used.

Back