Storage Solutions SSD not getting detected. Lenovo Z50 laptop

Hi,
Using 128gb SSD Vertex 4 which I bought in 2013.
Used it in my desktop and replaced my laptop's HDD late 2014.
Was working fine and now I'm getting error when it starts " media cable not detected"
In the BIOS it says HDD not detected. Tried removing and putting back the SSD (incase loose connection).
Still the same. Think it might be corrupted or something.
What are my options here?
Should I buy a new SSD?
Can I recover the files? ( tried connecting SSD to another laptop and it did'nt get detected)
What to do? Have lot of important files in it.

Thanks

Hi GODMODE09,

I'd like to assist you. I’d like to check with you, did you make any current changes in PC? Did you try the different power cable? To confirm that the SSD is working properly and there is no hardware issue, then try to check the following:

Drive not enabled in the BIOS
Serial ATA drivers are not properly installed
Faulty or unplugged data cable
Step 1:
The BIOS will not detect a SSD if the data cable is damaged or the connection is incorrect.
Serial ATA cables, in particular, can sometimes fall out of their connection. Be sure to check your SATA cables are tightly connected to the SATA port connection.
The easiest way to test a cable is to replace it with another cable. If the problem persists, then the cable was not the cause of the problem.
Step 2:
You might need to update the driver for your computer storage controller.
Step3:
If the result is bad or the SSD is not detectable, so I’d suggest you to proceed for an RMA, if the SSD drive is still under warranty.

For data recovery you may contact any local service provider if the data is really important.

Hope it helps.

Back