Split Inverter - Cycling & Temp control issue?

midreestaj

Recruit
I have recently acquired a Panasonic DC Inverter Split type 1.5 ton AC model CS/CU-K18PKF super tropical inverter deluxe.

Among you who have measured room temperatures vs. AC cycling can only confirm me on the issue I am facing here with this Inverter.

The cooling itself is really good and chilling. Effective too. In the vent it measures 11.8 to 12 degree C and drops my bedroom temp from 33 C to 26 C right under 15 minutes as measured.

Now the problem part; Nowadays my bedroom temp lingers around 32 to 33 C with 45% humidity. I usually set my preferred temp at 26 C, with Fan speed, Op Mode etc on Auto option and switch the inverter On. It slowly gains speed and takes around 1 minute to fire up its compressor to full speed and on the 15th minute it has already lowered temp down to 25 C (1 degree less than my set temp) on digital thermometer. At this point, I hear the compressor slowing down so is the blower. Here the inverter part starts as the compressor instead of tripping slows down, right? Now this slow paced operation continues ... I mean it continues through the rest of the night... I never see compressor firing up again, fine.. It too being an inverter thing that it maintains the temp by its gradual momentum instead of racing up to full speeds. Thing is, I see the room temp starts to rise moves past 26 C (my set temp) and slowly rises up past 27 C and as far as 27.8 C (which is far greater than my set temp of 26C) however rest of the night it stays varying in between 27 to 27.8 C. The compressor never tries to take it back down to 26 C again. I never see it maintaining closely around 26 C for that matter. Which I think it should ???

Inverters are designed to maintain more comfortable range of temps and while their motor slows down they gradually expend the electricity to keep just enough momentum to stay around in the vicinity of temp set by user. But contrary to that, what I see here is that my inverter is letting it loose and exceed my selected temp of 26 by whole 1.5-1.8 C (27.8 C).

Anybody can confirm how their inverters or specifically the Panasonic econavi inverter models behave in terms of Temperature cycling? It is going to be very difficult to explain all this to my dealer to settle on warranty aspects etc.

Last edited:
Most ACs have their temperature sensor at the intake portion on top of the AC. Based on that it accordingly adjusts the cooling.
Depending on your room its very possible that the air entering the AC isn't the same temperature as wherever your thermometer is placed.
Plus there's always the margin of error since these are consumer products that aren't that well calibrated.

I would suggest to check the temps at the intake, as well as clean the temp sensor if possible.

As for the temp issue,rather than 26, keep it at 24 and check temps with thermometer.

It could also be possible that your thermometer is faulty vs the AC. Double check.

With all this, you should fire an email to panasonic team and not your dealer.

There will be a tolerance for temperature range for AC to make adjustments. It will not keep it at a Flat Degree. Also the area where you stay is not very hot. Even the Inverter will switch off the compressor if it cannot make it run slow enough to prevent the temperature going colder than the set temperature.

^ even i got same setting which i set the ac 26 to 28*c depend on cooling condition after long hour usage will been re-cycle the cooling condition

Thanks guys for the input. I talked to Panasonic guys and conveyed my doubt on remote controller program error but they told that each and every unit is checked for quality control before shipment so it is not possible on new AC. They asked that I should check with another thermometer.
Therefore, I have ordered a thermometer online and now waiting for its delivery in two days. Will test the temp cycling again when it arrives.

I would suggest to check the temps at the intake, as well as clean the temp sensor if possible.

As for the temp issue,rather than 26, keep it at 24 and check temps with thermometer.

It could also be possible that your thermometer is faulty vs the AC. Double check.

With all this, you should fire an email to panasonic team and not your dealer.

Tested on 24 C setting on remote with the old cheap thermometer that I currently have, again same difference of approx 1.5 C after 1 hour of operation. Room was measured stabilized at 25.7 C

Back