Camera Sony a6000 + vintage lenses

soumyajit92

Disciple
hey guys, planning to pick up a sony a6000 soon but i'm having hard time finding reasonably priced lenses for this camera. earlier i had decided to go with samyang 12mm + sigma 19mm + sony 35mm 1.8 but the sigma 19mm is highly overpriced in india, and so is the samyang12mm. (almost double)

so here what im planning to buy as of now a6000 body + 35mm 1.8 + minolta 50mm 1.7 and a few other manual vintage lenses.

if you guys have any idea/prior experience buying used lenses off ebay usa or somewhere else please do share. what about shipping cost and custom duty for used lenses? these lenses are available for around $50-60 but not sure how much i'll end up paying if i have to buy off ebay.

please help. i badly need these vintage lenses and sigma 19mm and samyang 12mm but not willing to pay almost double just because i live in india :mad: :banghead:

try to buy Minolta rokkor-X 45mm F2. I dont have 50mm F1.7 but I have a couple of 50mm 1.4, 58mm 1.4 135mm 2.8 etc...

try to buy from japanese sellers.

If you need vintage lenses for Sony E mount, let me know. Have 2 lying around which I used with a Sony Nex5 and then sold the rest. I have a 50mm 1.4 and one macro 30mm I think, both OM mounts. I also have the OM to nex adapter.

I had used both the lenses for a very short period before I sold the camera.

try to buy Minolta rokkor-X 45mm F2. I dont have 50mm F1.7 but I have a couple of 50mm 1.4, 58mm 1.4 135mm 2.8 etc...

try to buy from japanese sellers.
Have any idea about how much do i have to pay for custom duty? All these things making me reconsider buying a6000. :(

Back