CPU/Mobo [Solved] Windows not booting with new RIG..

EuroRules

Recruit
Today brought new mobo proccy gfx and ram..
When try to start new rig with my existing HDD which is having win 7 x64 preinstalled but its not booting.. restart at boot screen every time...

Should I install new windows or may be my new hardwares are faulty?

I tried one RAM at a time
Even checked with old gfx

Bios is working. .. everything else looks fine.

New Hardwares:
Asus sabertooth 990fx R2
AMD FX6300
CORSAIR Vengeance 2x4GB RAM
Sapphire R9 270x 2GB

Existing Hardwares:
2TB WD HDD ( win 7 x64 already installed)
CORSAIR VS 450

If you have bootable CD of linux try to boot through CD selecting it from bios so you will know if issue is with hard disk. Then you can create image of data and reinstall windows

So this is what the problem is,

Your Windows OS was installed for the old hardware and you are now trying to boot it for new hardware. This is why it will not boot. You will need to reinstall Windows.

So this is what the problem is,

Your Windows OS was installed for the old hardware and you are now trying to boot it for new hardware. This is why it will not boot. You will need to reinstall Windows.
You dont need to reinstall windows in most cases after switching your hardware.I switched to i5 and Z87 from my Phenom and I didn't have to reinstall Windows.
@op can you get into the UEFI/BIOS page after you switch on your pc.?

You dont need to reinstall windows in most cases after switching your hardware.I switched to i5 and Z87 from my Phenom and I didn't have to reinstall Windows.

That is extremely surprising. Everything that worked on your old OS worked with old hardware settings. For the same OS to wake up one day to a completely new motherboard and processor combo and work flawlessly is extremely rare. Even if the system booted, there would be a lot of hardware failure reports in the OS.

EDIT - http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1743024/change-motherboard-harddrive.html

Yes I can get into the UEFI. Will try to install fresh windows. And let you know guys. ..

Windows was perfectly fine before putting new hardwares
What was your previous hardware setup? By now you could've reinstalled Windows 10 times over :p

You dont need to reinstall windows in most cases after switching your hardware.
'In most cases' being the key word. Although this is still bad practice. There are numerous cases that can cause BSODs - moving from a single core to multi core setup, switching GPU manufacturers, switching BIOS from legacy to UEFI, etc.

Back