Snapdeal - Feedback Thread

deesync

Recruit
I see that the prices are far cheaper in snapdeal.com than anyother store in bangalore can give me. But is it safe to buy from them?

Anyone bought from snapdeal and got satisfied?

@deesync just before you make your purchase, be ready for long delays in shipping from Snapdeal , also though the write "x" quantity available, most if the time its otherwise!. So make sure you call up their customer care and find out whether do they have it in stock before your purchase!

Last edited by a moderator:
i had once bought a Toshiba LED 32 inch TV from shopclues for under 20K which arrived in 4-5 days which is not bad. at another time, i ordered a Samsung tab2 3100 from snapdeal. once i received a mail that shipment will take upto 15 days, i immediately cancelled my order for a refund and bought it from flipkart though at 500 rupees more

Snapdeal isnt a safe site , never buy high value items from them , i received a visibly damaged & tampered package so i refused to accept it, it has been 15 days they dont reply to emails , non existent customer service .

Forgot to update!

Had a good experience with Snapdeal for a couple of deals.

1.Bought a Corsair AX750 power supply which was out of stock elsewhere. The price paid was Rs. 11663. Purchased on 8th July morning, dispatched the same day and delivered on 11th. Packaging was good and had the trademark Snapdeal’s packaging with their logo just like eBay’s packaging. The courier service was a mess! The shipment was delivered by a courier service that goes by the name of Delhivery (the shipment was picked up from Delhi), and those guys had absolutely no clue where my apartment was. After a dozen calls between the two of us and the guy exhausting his balance, I finally managed to help him out. But otherwise, this was a good experience overall.

2.Bought a Lenovo B490 laptop. The price paid was Rs. 28024 (cheapest deal I could find for the same configuration). Purchased on 15th July morning, dispatched on 17th (as per their estimated dispatch date) and delivered on 18th. Usual packaging. But this time the consignment was shipped from Bombay through Blue Dart. I did not however get an invoice with the shipment so sent them a mail and the customer service was super prompt - responded instantly asking me for the serial number of the laptop. Sent them the serial number and a photograph (of the back of the laptop indicating the sticker) and they sent me the invoice by e-mail and a hard copy of it by courier.

Two deals in a month and they went smoothly. I am impressed with their service.

EDIT:

Got a Eureka Forbes Trendy Nano vacuum cleaner a week later and the deal went smoothly as usual. Paid Rs. 2650, the unit was dispatched in a day from Delhi and received the second day at Surat! Impressive service by the seller.

Initially I had great experience with them. Now that the service of Flipkart has gone down, I wanted to make the snapdeal my preferred online shopping site. But my recent most experience where I got a size smaller than desired size and the pain/great inconvenience that I went through while packing it and dispatching it through my own courier and wait for the refund has given me a bitter feeling. So I will reserve my verdict as of now.

Had ordered a Dell U2312HM monitor on the 9th. Rec'd the monitor today (14th) evening. Good packing - actual vendor was SMC Int'l. Good & clear communication thru'SMS & EMail.

Happy with monitor & the SnapDeal service!

I got My Lumia 520 from snapdeal as they were offering 5% discount with an Envent headphone worth rs 1499 Free for 9499
Shipping was a bit slow (7-8 Days), Packaging was Nice, But it did not include the headphone

after a few times of electronic "Jhaad" they creadited the amount to My account as SD Cash :D
Got The Design Factory Elegant Wine Shirt + Lotus Herbal Neemactiv Anti-Dandruff Shampoo 150Ml + Evaflor Whisky Silver Men 100Ml + Ivoc Purple Formals Shirt using that.

Snap Deal is a sleeper hit website i guess.Most of the people who have dealt with it had a good experience however we do stop short of promoting it like ebay,FK or amazon.

A little birdie told me last weekend that Snapdeal's operating margin from sellers are just 5% which is a whole lot cheaper compared to other e-commerce websites including biggies like eBay India and Flipkart. Which is why they have better rates than the other shops.

Of course, this dude has both his shops operating in Snapdeal - Pristine Note and Pro Audio Home. :p

No doubt snapdeal prices are the lowest across the etailers in india. Atleast this what i observed in purchasing about a dozen products from them.

Packaging is also good with snapdeal certified standards and it's brand printed on the plastic cover.

Only cons i could find is their tieup with Delhivery courier service whose online tracking system is pathetic.

They don't have a tollfree callcentre no, which warrants std charges for those outside delhi. Their email correspondence is pretty slow to respond, once i didn't got a bill and they took a month to deliver it via email.

Also Snapdeal is sending me 200-250 off coupons every alternate day.. Which provides further discount on the already ridiculously low prices.

Best thing is availability of COD even after discount coupon is applied...

The only deal I've done with them so far kinda had gone bad so far. I got a Eureka Forbes Aquaguard some part of the plastic was broken. I e-mailed them and they asked for pictures, and I've sent it them. This happened a day back, and I'm still waiting for their reply. Hope it gets resolved soon.

Back