Android Slow wifi speed in Redmi note 3

adventureguy

Skilled
I have a xiaomi router 3 (R3) ordered from gearbest. Its working fine but yesterday I shifted its position to another room and now my redmi note 3 speed is very low. It only manages to catch 4 mbps up and down.

While doing speed tests, it goes to 6~7 mbps and settles on 4 mbps. So it looks like a software limit. But I have a mi pad, ipad, two laptops and 4 phones connected to it and all of them get full speed expect my redmi note 3. I even tested with my dad's Lg g5 and my redmi note 3 side by side and g5 gets 60mbps but note 3 gets stuck at 4 mbps up and down.

Sifting the position of router shouldn't be that much of an issue since I only shifted it few feet off the old position

Any suggestions? note is on miui 9 global 7.11.10

I have the same issue on my Mi 5 device.. Tried full reset and updating to latest MIUI.. nothing works..
Play store app updates are sometime fast but youtube, jio tv etc all lag due to poor speeds through WiFi.. Seems like I will have to flash a custom ROM and see if it solves the issue.

^ oh. I forgot to update here. having bluetooth and wifi on was interfering with my wifi service. turn off bluetooth and then check wifi speed again

my wifi speeds are back to normal

I donno but I face the issue even when bluetooth is off and only wifi is on..
Even my brother's Mi 5 has the same issue..
I would keep my S7 and the Mi 5 side by side and perform speed test.. I would get about 60~70Mbps on the S7 but only 4~5Mbps on the Mi 5 device..

But Bluetooth should never interfere with wifi AFAIK.
I posed the same comment in mi forums. even though both bluetooth and wifi operate in 3.4ghz, both shouldnt interfere. its clearly an software bug[DOUBLEPOST=1510845263][/DOUBLEPOST]
I donno but I face the issue even when bluetooth is off and only wifi is on..
Even my brother's Mi 5 has the same issue..
I would keep my S7 and the Mi 5 side by side and perform speed test.. I would get about 60~70Mbps on the S7 but only 4~5Mbps on the Mi 5 device..
tried this ?

Back