Storage Solutions should i replace this drive??

scudmissile07

Confusingly confused!
Disciple
hi, i have a old seagate 1 tb hdd which is showing SMART error inHD tune pro but not in HDD sentinel pro,but the drive is working good no problems. Have attached both screen shot experts advice?
its out of warranty.
hdtune.png sentinel.png

Is it under warranty?
Whats the health status in HD Sentinel?
You should look at Performance and health stats percentage in sentinel.
If its good all is good.

In HD tune pro do a quick Error scan and see if it shows any bad blocks/sectors in red.

Last edited:
That's just the hard disk temperature reading. Probably a misreading sensor, nothing to worry about.

Edit: My bad, (C2) is the hard disk temperature reading. Not sure what the airflow temperature reading is measuring.

Edit 2 : You can ignore it.
(BE) just looks like 100 - (C2) , in your case 100 - 24 = 76.

Last edited:
HDD is running with no problem the temperature is in par with other hdds and there are no errors or bad sectors and the hdd is running smooth with no problems.
The problem is only HD tune pro is showing error but not in hdd sentinel. Hdd sentinal shows health is 100% and zero problems.

You can ignore the warning.

(BE) = 100 - (C2). The threshold is supposed to trigger if the (BE) value drops *below* 45, i.e. your HDD temperature (C2) goes above 55 C. Obviously this is a bug in HD Tune Pro, since it's triggering for (BE) going *above* 45.

Wiki shows there were 2 ways the 0xBE attribute was used : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S.M.A.R.T.#Known_ATA_S.M.A.R.T._attributes
Looks like the obsolete way would have the same value as C2, while the current standard has it as (100 - C2).

Last edited:
Back