Shooting is now more fun... fast and silent .... Canon 700D!!!

onlyravi

Godly Modly...
Skilled
Finally upgraded from a bridge camera (Sony H50) to Canon 700D.
Bought Canon 600D 18-55mm kit from Amazon.in. Used it for 15days then thought that I needed better lens and it was worth to invest in the Canon 700D 18-135mm STM kit.
Amazon was kind enough to accept the Canon 600D as return and I ordered the new Canon 700D 18-135mm STM lens kit from Amazon.in.
Both cams were delivered in excellent packaging and in under 24 hours by Amazon. (Amazon fulfilled order).

So far enjoying the camera a lot and touchscreen is really helpful for a new SLR user.
The STM lens is just miraculous when it comes to speed of auto focus and silence of operation. Even after holding it to your ears you cannot hear the lens focusing :)
Ordered few accessories from ebay and amazon to use with the camera.
So far have not got a chance to go out somewhere and unleash the beast but hopefully by this weekend monsoon shall bless Pune and give me enough reasons to go on a shooting rampage :D
Some pictures.

The Camera Body.
DSC09549.JPG
Camera and the 18-135mm STM kit lens.
DSC09551.JPG
Front side of the 18-135mm STM kit lens. (Yes that STM matters a lot :D )
DSC09553.JPG
Got 2 spare batteries LP-E8
1 X Canon wireless IR Remote.
1 X Sony SD Card.
1 X Sandisk Extreme SD Card.
8 GB Sandisk card which came FREE with the camera and the camera strap. Not yet used the strap. Bought a dual camera strap from ebay.
DSC09555.JPG
A Soft pouch / Dust cover bought locally.
IMG_0136.JPG
Actually this is for the Nikon D90 18-105 but fits my camera perfectly.
DSC09559.JPG
I am planning to use this to wrap the camera when I am carrying only the camera and not the entire bag like for office parties or such. So that the camera can stay in other bags safely.
DSC09560.JPG
I am not a big fan of the Canon camera strap. Dont feel very comfortable in it so got a hand grip from ebay.
DSC09561.JPG
Few timepass accessories from ebay and amazon to have fun with the camera indoors.
IMG_0116.JPG
The nifty fifty every first time SLR user must have. Got a real good deal from Amazon. Registered it online. Many cheap ones are available on ebay but they do not carry official Indian warranty.
IMG_0117.JPG
The Canon 50mm 1.8 prime glass.
58mm and 52mm "UV" filters. I know they have no effect but just to protect the glass.
Got a 67mm Hoya UV Filter also for the main lens.
IMG_0124.JPG
A remote timer / Shutter release cable for timelapses :D
Lens cleaner pen.
A strong gorilla tripod for macros or indoor use. Works well with the big kit lens also. Bought locally from Kirti Digital.
IMG_0127.JPG
The Lowerpro Pro Runner AW 200. Bought from Amazon.in 1 day delivered...
IMG_0131.JPG
Extremely good protection and has ample space for my current gear.
The bag is comparatively smaller is size than a normal bagpack but extremely comfortable.
IMG_0132.JPG
This is the el cheapo camera bag given by Canon India. I have purposely attached these two pics to inform viewers that what cheap kind of bag is provided by Canon for a camera costing >70k.
Its just a cheap chinese pouch not even a bag. Has no cushion or protection and no sections inside. Pathetic bag by Canon. They should learn from Nikon or just stop providing this cheap bags.
IMG_0134.JPG
IMG_0135.JPG
The Sony 32GB card. I am very impressed with the speed of this card. I get about 80mbps read speed on my laptop. I have shot a timelapse of 3seconds interval in RAW + L format using this card and it just works perfect.
IMG_0564.JPG
Got a monopod from Amazon but not at all happy with it. Just trying to get used to this one so if it helps then I can invest in a better one maybe from Vanguard.
IMG_20140714_232049.JPG
Also got the double camera strap from Ebay.
This is not an original black rapid but is excellently well built and strong enough to hold two DSLRs.
The hooks/base plates are metal and feel strong and of good quality.
1.JPG 2.JPG
Uploading stock images for now. Dont have strap pictures right now.
Apart from this I have a Vivitar VPT 1200 tripod which I am using for > 5 years now. But now I think I will have to upgrade to a more strong tripod with a ball head. Have my eyes set of Vanguard 263. Waiting for some time so that I can use the camera first and then take better decisions on what more equipments I should buy.

Photography is not a cheap hobby so want to spend my resources thoughtfully.

So far equipment wise I am all set and ready. All that needs to be seen is how well can I use this equipment to improve my photography and enjoy my hobby.

I do observe many other photographers and take inspiration from then and also try to improve my photography by practicing and trying out stuff.
Hopefully soon I can upload some nice pics with you all.
Thanks for watching.

Last edited:
If you are wondering why I have 58mm accessories if I dont have any 58mm diameter lens then the answer is that I initially was a little reluctant to spend crazy on a SLR so played safe and ordered the Canon 600D 18-55mm kit. I bought that for 32k but then realized that A good general purpose lens would cost me about 30-35k. I was eying the 18-135mm lens. But then it struck me that if I buy the Canon 700D 18-135 kit then I end up paying almost the same (Canon 600D + cost of multipurpose lens) but I get a advanced body with touchscreen and faster processor and also the most advanced kit lens. STM lens is really generations apart from the IS USM lens.
I am happy that I went for 700D. The STM lens is pure pleasure to use.

Thank you everyone....
Thanks @SayantanGuhaRoy
Here is the link for the nifty 50 from Amazon.
The seller name was Tecki-Home and yes it comes with 2 years India warranty.
Have already registered the lens on Canon India site.
There were cheaper options on ebay but they were fishy.... only seller warranty.... So avoided them....

Thanks @SayantanGuhaRoy , @?dOuBtFiRe? , @xtremevicky
@?dOuBtFiRe? Will try to post as many prices I can track back. Mostly bought from Ebay. Will try to update whatever I can.

Added a Tripod to the collection. It was time to say good bye to my Vivitar VPT-1200 which served me well for last 5 years with my Sony H50.
image007.jpg image008.jpg image009.jpg image010.jpg image011.jpg image012.jpg
More details on Mefoto RoadTrip Tripod
Got this from Flipkart @ 11992.

Going trekking this weekend. Hopefully can use and test the tripod then.

Back