Shifting to Bangalore - Need help in finding a decent rental place - Mahadevapura

Guys,

I have to join a new place starting September and the office is in VR Mall, ITPL main road.

I am looking for decent gated societies for my family (Me + Wifey + Kiddo) with following in mind (in decreasing order of preference):
1. Proximity to my place. I can walk 1 - 2 kms.
2. Power Back up
3. Consistent Water Supply
4. Kids Play Area / Garden in society or nearby
5. Other amenities like swimming pool, gym, play courts appreciated but not a must. Would prefer the a green society with provision of walking passageways.
4. Schools / Hospitals near by

I have a budget of 25k. A 2 BHK or 1 BHK + Servant room would be enough for our needs.

I have researched and found following to be suit my needs - NCC Ivory Heights, Rohav Avriti, Purva Midtown, Keerthi Surya Shakti Towers &Skylark Esta.

Any recommendations / contacts who can help me find a places around this area ? I am trying to find options in FB groups but all of them are swarmed by local brokers.

Also, what would you guys suggest - look for fully furnished house vs buy the essential stuff (AC, Fridge etc.) from OLX / Quikr. I don't want to splurge money on whitegoods hence would prefer 2nd hand stuff.

Any guidance would be helpful !!

Most of the decent apartments would have the facilities you have mentioned. Water is a problem normally in some places, but get covered by tankers.

To find a house, either shortlist few places from online portals and visit those in person or go with a broker.
Once I had went on my bike looking for to-let boards and asking security guys at the gates of various apartments. Tiring, but saved me the brokerage. :)

Fully furnished houses comes with roughly ~25% more rent. Initially you might look into renting furniture too (furlenco etc).

AFAIK Skylark Esta will not come under 25k budget. Last year my friend had moved out from there since the owner was increasing the rent from 25k to 28k. Keep in mind that there will be an additional 6k maintenance charge apart from the rent.
Same goes for NCC ivory heights.

Best way to avoid brokers is to check listings on commonfloor and housing.com

IMO an even better option will be to visit the short listed apartments in person and ask the security guard if there is any rental availability.

Good locations nearby are - Kodigehalli, Nallurhalli..

Some of my friends stay in Sumadhura Silver Ripples and Shilpitha Sunflower which are very good societies with all amenities. Rent should be in the range of 22k.

Most of the decent apartments would have the facilities you have mentioned. Water is a problem normally in some places, but get covered by tankers.

To find a house, either shortlist few places from online portals and visit those in person or go with a broker.
Once I had went on my bike looking for to-let boards and asking security guys at the gates of various apartments. Tiring, but saved me the brokerage. :)

Fully furnished houses comes with roughly ~25% more rent. Initially you might look into renting furniture too (furlenco etc).

Thanks.
I think I will have to do the same. Will be renting an activa for a week and would search extensively for the apartments in the societies which I shortlist.

Any idea how much the brokerage is of the total rental of an apartment ?
Renting the furniture is in my mind until I find decent deals on OLX.

AFAIK Skylark Esta will not come under 25k budget. Last year my friend had moved out from there since the owner was increasing the rent from 25k to 28k. Keep in mind that there will be an additional 6k maintenance charge apart from the rent.
Same goes for NCC ivory heights.

Best way to avoid brokers is to check listings on commonfloor and housing.com

IMO an even better option will be to visit the short listed apartments in person and ask the security guard if there is any rental availability.

Good locations nearby are - Kodigehalli, Nallurhalli..

Some of my friends stay in Sumadhura Silver Ripples and Shilpitha Sunflower which are very good societies with all amenities. Rent should be in the range of 22k.

That's a bummer !!
I liked that society.

Thanks for your advice. Will be visiting the societies in person to explore availability of apartments.
Have to figure out a permanent way to commute from these societies to office. I hope bus services are reliable.

But this place(nallurhalli) is far from VR mall and no bus facility as well.

That is true.. But there are not many options near to VR though..
Since OP mentioned NCC ivory heights, I thought Nallurhalli would also make sense then..

There is a Godrej apartment and Trifecta one near to VR mall which could also be checked..

Thanks guys !!
I am just trying to find a decent place from where I can reach to office in max 30 mins (for now would be relying on buses and down the lane may switch over to a scooter)

Guys,

I have to join a new place starting September and the office is in VR Mall, ITPL main road.

I am looking for decent gated societies for my family (Me + Wifey + Kiddo) with following in mind (in decreasing order of preference):
1. Proximity to my place. I can walk 1 - 2 kms.
2. Power Back up
3. Consistent Water Supply
4. Kids Play Area / Garden in society or nearby
5. Other amenities like swimming pool, gym, play courts appreciated but not a must. Would prefer the a green society with provision of walking passageways.
4. Schools / Hospitals near by

I have a budget of 25k. A 2 BHK or 1 BHK + Servant room would be enough for our needs.

I have researched and found following to be suit my needs - NCC Ivory Heights, Rohav Avriti, Purva Midtown, Keerthi Surya Shakti Towers &Skylark Esta.

Any recommendations / contacts who can help me find a places around this area ? I am trying to find options in FB groups but all of them are swarmed by local brokers.

Also, what would you guys suggest - look for fully furnished house vs buy the essential stuff (AC, Fridge etc.) from OLX / Quikr. I don't want to splurge money on whitegoods hence would prefer 2nd hand stuff.

Any guidance would be helpful !!

I would add Brigade Metropolis in the list of options. It is a large professionally managed complex, about 10 mins walking distance.

I live in the neighborhood. AMA.

I would add Brigade Metropolis in the list of options. It is a large professionally managed complex, about 10 mins walking distance.

I live in the neighborhood. AMA.
Thanks.
Have shot a PM.

Brigade Metropolis seems out of my budget.
I am even ready to look for decent 1 BHK + servant room apartment, but then it is hard to come by.

I recently bough furniture from gozefo.
vfm and excellent quality when compared against the price. Just that you have to keep looking for deals @12pm

Thanks.
I think I will have to do the same. Will be renting an activa for a week and would search extensively for the apartments in the societies which I shortlist.

Any idea how much the brokerage is of the total rental of an apartment ?
Renting the furniture is in my mind until I find decent deals on OLX.

Back