Sharp AH-XP18Mv - orange colour timer lamp blinking

GAS LEAK!!!!! Or some other part failed. Call service guys immediately!

Orange light blinking is an indication to that.Read the Manual.

my sharp ac ah-xp18mv creating problem. timer lamp(orange colour) bliking. only fan is running. compssr not running. any solution?

The instruction manual says: "Please call for service when OPERATION lamp (RED) and TIMER lamp (ORANGE) on the unit blink."

I think its time to call the service center guys. Please inform us about the issue.

I think I am also facing the same problem. Will call sharp CC tomorrow as their working hours are till 9pm

Today my AC stopped working with the power and timer LEDs blinking together with LED display showing 19 and -0 alternatively. I feel I made a mistake for choosing this stupid and expensive AC. Anybody has an idea what is this supposed to mean?

Last edited by a moderator:
Today the service person came and concluded that fan motor needs replacement. He said it could have failed because of electrical problem like voltage fluctuations (although I've installed stabilizer). For motor replacement, they are quoting 4k without any warranty (5 day turn around time) and for AMC they are charging 5.5k but the turn around time is 40 days. I'm inclined to go with fan motor replacement because 40 day wait time is too high. Is this right choice given that the replacement motor does not have any warranty?

^^ if there's no warranty provided then why source the part through them? if possible, check out your local market... you may get it for a lot cheaper.

^^ if there's no warranty provided then why source the part through them? if possible, check out your local market... you may get it for a lot cheaper.

They said they will procure the item from sharp and I won't get it outside. Maybe they are wrong. One interesting thing is the AC works fine for 4-5 hours some times. So not sure if they are lying

The service guys are trying to swindle you, you can contact sharps CEO , his email would be on the manual & explain the situation , they would then handle it properly .[DOUBLEPOST=1437465371][/DOUBLEPOST]sunilsinha@sharp-oa.com email of sharp ceo

Last edited:
my sharp ac ah-xp18mv creating problem. timer lamp(orange colour) blinking. only fan is running. compressor not running. any solution?

The instruction manual says: "Please call for service when OPERATION lamp (RED) and TIMER lamp (ORANGE) on the unit blink."

Hi Vikas, This thread is quite old but I am facing the similar issue. Can you please share what was your resolution?

After replacing the fan motor (3.8K), the AC seems to work fine now. Thanks every one for responding to my post.

Hi guys.

Sorry for quoting all those posts. Doing that with hope to get answers.

My Sharp Inverter AC AH-XP18PMT/PHT is giving same problem. Only IDU's fan is running. Outdoor unit's fan is not running.

Operation lamp (red) is fine (constantly ON, the way it should be) but (only) Timer lamp (orange) is blinking.

This problem seems to be different than @vizz 's problem where both the lights were blinking.

Anyone who faced this problem (@vikas100_in , @Anchal ), what was the solution ?

Please suggest.

Edit: AC was bought in April, 2014. It is out of warranty now.

Last edited:
And Sharp gave me an estimate of 11.5k+ for the ODU PCB. :wtf:

Oh god why I bought a Sharp AC. It died a few months after after warranty expired.

My 2005 Hitachi split AC is doing great after 10.5 years.

I will never ever buy/recommend a Sharp AC again.

And Sharp gave me an estimate of 11.5k+ for the ODU PCB. :wtf:

Oh god why I bought a Sharp AC. It died a few months after after warranty expired.

My 2005 Hitachi split AC is doing great after 10.5 years.

I will never ever buy/recommend a Sharp AC again.

Mukesh, sorry to know about your woes. Frankly I never expected the price of the ODU PCB to be so high.

I visit these forums so rarely now-a-days, I lag a month behind to respond.

As commented by you on team-bhp forum I feel the product quality of your PMT/PHT models are not in the same level of imported MVs. But I am not certain. I own two AH-XP18MVs and use them very rigorously. They have stood the test of time for the past three years without a single hitch. Hope this stays that way.

Asking for a favour now. Kindly convey to the distinguished and learned members of that forum about a normal guy with very limited knowledge once tried to make an effort to write a review about his own ACs. Poured a lot of effort for his review while never intending his elaborative review to be taken as a sales pitch. He is not even related to anything sales or to the manufacturer in question. Amazingly his review got so popular that many got influenced by it and bought the same branded ACs. Many got benefited from his reviews while some not. You are one of them. But this is how life works. But the guy in question have now learned a lesson. The lesson is even if you intend to do something good, some people will always be there to point fingers at you. This is human nature I believe.

Thank you in advance!!!

Last edited:
Back