SGS2 - Which custom rom is the best?

This thread is for diccussing the currently available custom roms for the SGS2.

Now people will say why do we need a custom rom for such a great device. Well after using the device for 5 days, I would say that we do need good custom roms to solve some of the ISSUES.

And the biggest issue if you ask me is the loudness of the audio that is output via the earphones. The stock phones are crappy (well thats kinda expected), so I got myself a pair of Klipsc S3. Though the audio quality is ok (at best, have heard lot better, heck even my HD7 sounded better), the loudness factor is missing. When travelling in a car you will be able to hear outside noise (yep that too when using a IEM).

Now coming to the custom rom part :
Currently 3 are available :
1> Villains ROM (based on KE7)
2> Litening ROm (based on KE7) (using this currently)
3> AngeloM 1.2 (based on KE7) (downloading this one currently)

As of now there is no word whether we will get Cyanogenmod or not.... :(

Out of the 3 roms mentioned above, the AngeloM looks the most promising as its has :

- Kernel stock XWKE7
- Deodexed
- Rooted
- Busybox
- DSP Manager
- Browser
- battery circle framework with % and green google icons
- Launcher Pro
- Chainfire 3D
- Tegrak Overclock
- Quick Boot
- Home Switcher
- kernel XWKE7 stock with CMW and Clockwork 3.0.0.5 (thanks to Chainfire, XDA) modded with speedfix.
- code optimizations
- zipaligned
Some people have reported that DSP Manager is working (only through earphones, ands that what I need yipeeee!!! :clap:) but a bigger problem is that some people have reported that their SGS2 is going into infinite reboot loops (which takes a bit of time to solve).

Regarding the Litening rom, its good, you get nothing much over the stock rom other than the fact that this rom comes rooted by default, and that the theme and the icons have been given a facelift.

WRT battery life,i believe that XWKE2 had the best battery life.

More input will be given later, as and when i try out the other roms.

It would be great of the other SII owners do the same.

Re: SGS2 - Which custom rom is the best????

let them get the device first doc : ) Atm people's guess is gonna be not too accurate. Device aint with them and nobody can verify with a first hand experience

Secondly, still early days for the device. Trying the ROMs right now will be a bit frustrating imo.

Just flashed my phone with AngeloM 1.2. The rom has 2 launchers. One is the default TouchWiz 4.0 and the other is the Launcher Pro.

However the DSP manager does not have any impact on the audio out :(

hellgate

hows are the roms treating you???

did u try the new lightning rom???

also after rooting, can u unroot to return it to factory settings and then get warranty or it that not possible

Right so how many people actually have this phone on the forum? Or is this a show off thread :p

Im Running stock rom, Waiting for some easy root app like Gingerbreak to come in

Cyanogenmod 7 is in the making that will be the only rom that i will be moving to, rest dont really think are that much beneficial

Have tried almost all the custom roms that are available but didnt quite like any of them. Back to stock Indian rom (KE8) rooted.

@ryan

why dont u use this

@hellgate

i was thinking of lightning rom

what re your views on it

also once u root it, all warranty is void right??

samsung apparently gifted a phone to one of the Cynogenmod developers, so it wont be long now.

I got mine last monday and this past week with it has been sheer bliss. I am in geekville getting my nerdgasms. :p

Rooted it and tried Litening ROM but didn't like it all that much. Now back to stock Indian ROM (KE8).

Waiting for CM7. In the meantime trying out various mods and amazing apps.

Just rooted using CF rom and running battery UI and transaprent clock/ weather mods. Waiting for Cyanogen ROM

You may need to wipe data using CWM when switching roms.. Can be a hassle in taking backups of data, apps and restoring them. Some apps may have issues. But still you can do it if you backup and restore them.

Just flashed Lightening rom 1.5, loving the bluish Icons and stuff and pretty stable, planning to install the blue theme

i wish i can get hold of a jig, using which i can clear the flash counter, any idea where i can get one ?

Back