Send item to domestic location (Inb)

A4Ssxx

Recruit
Hello everybody. ;)

I have never sent packages to India before, but I recently sent a small computer part to a buyer in New Delhi, India. It was posted from United Kingdom, as it was a small part it was sent in a standard envelope and not a package/parcel to avoid customs delays or fees.

01/02 - Collected from Post Office by Royal Mail
01/04 - Dispatched to New Delhi
01/06 - Received in New Delhi

Now from tracking on IPSWeb website, I can see the following details:
Local Date and Time Country Location Event Type Extra Information
1/6/2013 11:52:00 AM INDIA DIMC NEW DELHI 37 Receive item at office of exchange (Inb)
1/6/2013 3:35:00 PM INDIA DIMC NEW DELHI 37 Send item to domestic location (Inb)

The buyer is asking me every day now, "Where is the package??". He says to me that after "Send item to domestic location (Inb)" it is received the next day. Now it is three days.

Is there anybody here who has experienced delays after "Send item to domestic location (Inb)"? Does it mean that the item is lost ?

"Domestic location" might be a local hub / post office. I don't think the item is lost. India Post takes their own sweet time to deliver, so keep patience.
I received a similar envelope from the UK (via Royal Mail / India Post) few months ago. It took them ~15 days to deliver and they charged me custom fees for that envelope as well! :annoyed:

Back