Android Secured By Knox on Samsung Galaxy 8

I asked my husband to call someone. He opened his phone while it was in his hands on bottom eye level. I saw a WhatsApp open saying I love you, followed by a love you too. Instantly I asked him who it was. He took the phone and called that person and said it was no one and said I was imagining things. He handed me the phone and asked me to check the phone. It’s a Samsung 8 Galazy. And I am an iPhone user. I opened WhatsApp and searched for “I love you”and couldn’t find I love you or I love you too in any recent msgs. Went ahead and opened Instagram and Facebook and couldn’t find anything there. Somehow I stumbled Upon open apps and saw a WhatsApp icon with a lock on it. The second I clicked on that this popped up (pics attached ) and I went ahead and Google’s “secured by Knox” and I found out there is something such as a secured folder. I went ahead and got onto Samsung website and went on live chat and they told me that via a secured folder you can have another WhatsApp account. I stormed to my husband asking him for the password of this account (now mind you he’s an IT guy) and somehow he didn’t know his passwords. So I clicked on forgot pin and his email address came. I made him go to his Samsung account online and somehow he couldn’t get any passwords in. And then he linked some stuff up. He got a pin and he added that in. And some mountains in pics came up which he clicked and then some bicycles ( he was asked to select a sequence or something) and then suddenly his phone got reset. He kept saying I did it because I kept putting in correct passwords into the Knox thing. I don’t know if he did it or if I did it. (My husband is a computer engineer) I’m personally devastated and don’t know what happening. And he said he didn’t know why that additional WhatsApp app with a lock was open in his open app tabs. But arnt apps we use and don’t close are present in open tabs. Pls help

Attachments

• 02B125FB-72B6-4B5E-B7B6-2C247486D341.jpeg
    02B125FB-72B6-4B5E-B7B6-2C247486D341.jpeg
    332.8 KB · Views: 215
Regarding the technicalities, Samsung KNOX allows you have a phone inside a phone, you can run the same apps in a kind of container, you made do it for whatever reasons you chose to like privacy or just to have office email and personal email separate, from the looks of it what your husband has done is he has reset his phone from the Samsung site so all the evidence is gone.

On a investigative perspective
1. You can run WhatsApp with only one number, so you need to check with number was configured in the second WhatsApp and check it

Check if he is using two numbers. Do remember that you are dealing with someone who knows how to hide his footprints. All the best investigating. That said, men love their life partners, they may have fun (with words) but that would not lessen the love for you. It is up to you to decide what you find and do after your investigation.

Back