SBI Debit Card 3D Secure Code Registration

Over the last couple of days, some payment gateways providers had been facing huge failures on State Bank Of India Debit Card. On investigating with SBI, they have been informed that :

SBI has currently and temporarily disabled it’s ADS (Activation During shopping) option. This means that the transactions would go through only for those customers whose 3DS have already been registered.  New Registrations done at the time of the transactions have been disabled. All such customer’s transactions would end up as Failed/Awaited transactions.

This is being done, as the Bank has faced some frauds, on account of runtime generation of the 3D secure code.

The Bank is working on an OTP based process, and till such time that the OTP is in place, the above mentioned disablement would continue.

If you are trying to use your SBI Debit card, please do not try again if your transaction has failed earlier.

i registr my mble num in my sbi branch. i can't get any msg that my numbr registrd. what hapnd when i entrd the otp 3 times wrng .

Mod Edit: Please do not post in SMS lingo. Please post in complete words and sentences.

Last edited by a moderator:
I registered my mobile number at different ATMs of SBI and got message slip stating my mobile number successfully registered with Bank.But even then when I am trying to register for Verified By Visa with my Yuva Debit card I am constantly getting error message stating my mobile number is not registered with us.Please contact your branch and get the number registered.I contacted my branch as well and got my umber updated again there as well along with all KYC as well.But even after one month has passed by I still get the same message stating your mobile number is not registered with us.Please someone help

Is SBI Maestro Debit card and MasterCard same ?
If,Not can I upgrade to mastercard ?
Annual fees same or will be charged more that normal ATM card ?
And can I use SBI MasterCard for Amazon Global ?

I registered my mobile number at different ATMs of SBI and got message slip stating my mobile number successfully registered with Bank.But even then when I am trying to register for Verified By Visa with my sbi master card Debit card I am constantly getting error message stating my mobile number is not registered with us.Please contact your branch and get the number registered.I contacted my branch as well and got my umber updated again there as well along with all KYC as well.But even after one month has passed by I still get the same message stating your mobile number is not registered with us.Please someone help

plzzzzzzz i neeed help guyzzzz

hEH. aND i thought i alone was having this issue. I got a new SBI ATM / DEBIT card from my bankers - State Bank of Mysore. When I ask SBI register my #, they tell me to go to SBM. When I go to SBM to register my# they tell me # is already registered. I lost quite a few good deals due to this

When ever I try to register I get this message
"Mobile number is not registered for your card.Kindly contact your home branch"
I have visited my branch quite a lot but with no resolution . I get all the updates regarding my personal login or transaction details. Any help on the matter would be highly appreciated as my bank manager also left hope on this.

i'm using master card, but when i want to make transactions using my card it shows that "your mobile is not registered contact your home branch". And i asked at home branch about this but they told that my mobile is already registered. and i'm getting sms when i'm using atm for withdrawing money. please reply

i'm using master card, but when i want to make transactions using my card it shows that "your mobile is not registered contact your home branch". And i asked at home branch about this but they told that my mobile is already registered. and i'm getting sms when i'm using atm for withdrawing money. please reply
use netbanking :p Don't know why I have the same unsolved problem.

Hello folks,
I'm in the same fix as the rest of you. Only I haven't yet seen the "MOBILE REGISTRATION FOR SMS/IMPS/SECURE CODE" option at any of the 4 ATMs I tried. So far I've only found the regular Mobile banking regulation option - which I've enabled successfully. Any idea why I haven't managed to find the Secure Code registration option, is this an ATM specific issue?
Also do you any of you happen to know any ATMs in Chennai where the option is visible/accessible?
Thanks all.

Screenshot_2014-06-03-19-14-06.png
Hello folks,
I'm in the same fix as the rest of you. Only I haven't yet seen the "MOBILE REGISTRATION FOR SMS/IMPS/SECURE CODE" option at any of the 4 ATMs I tried. So far I've only found the regular Mobile banking regulation option - which I've enabled successfully. Any idea why I haven't managed to find the Secure Code registration option, is this an ATM specific issue?
Also do you any of you happen to know any ATMs in Chennai where the option is visible/accessible?
Thanks all.
Same problem. I visited nearly 10 ATMs but never found the option for registration of mobile for secure code. I receive SMSs for each and every transaction of my account and have inquired in my home branch More than 5 times. They are continuously saying my number's already registered. Now what the **** do I do?

If you want your work to get done in SBI, contact branch manager and vent your frustration on him/her. Your work will get done.

View attachment 41199
Same problem. I visited nearly 10 ATMs but never found the option for registration of mobile for secure code. I receive SMSs for each and every transaction of my account and have inquired in my home branch More than 5 times. They are continuously saying my number's already registered. Now what the **** do I do?
Have the same problem here. But I can do online transactions using SBI VISA Secure code. But I want to use OTP, and when I try for that it shows up the same error "mobile number NOT registered for your card, kindly contact your home branch". I am getting profile access messages in my mobile number tho'.

Can I resister my old SBI Maestro Debit at SBI site without going to any ATM ?
I got mobile sms whenever I debited money from ATM using my SBI Maestro Debit.
But,problem is there is no Expiry Date or CVV on the card.....

Old Maestro cards without a cvv cannot be used for online shopping. You will have to get a new card. SBI has no mechanism of taking care of customer issues. I file online grievance but they close case without solving it.

@Revolution, you need to go to the parent branch and ask for State bank Yuvacard, one of the best at least for the common man! Usually its a visa card that would be issued ! There is no need of any minimum balance keeping or such! Just write an application stating you can't do any online transaction using the mastero and tell tge m specifically and underline the words state bank yuva card in your application !

Thanks for ur reply!
What do mean by Parent Branch ?
Main Head Branch in Kolkata not the Branch where I have opened my AC ?
There never over 25K in my savings AC.
But,I have to pay near 200-250Rs a year for many service charges.
Like ATM charges, Cheque(never used in my life yet),SMS charge quarterly Rs.15,bank own service charge etc.
Even SBI charge Rs.15-20/- for inter branch fees when ever anyone deposit money in my AC.
Is there any way to cut any of the service charge to save a little ?
I'm currently unemployed so there is no chance that my Bank Bal go over 25K.
SBI did not told me about Zero Bal AC when I went to open my AC 4 years ago.....:banghead:

Back