SBI Debit Card 3D Secure Code Registration

Revolution said:
Is there any connection with 3G code and the 4 digit ATM pin no ?

I mean do I have to use my ATM 4 digit password for Dedit card registration ?

I don't want to change it now.

And when ever I do anything with my account I got an SMS to my mobile immediately.

Is than mean my mobile number is already register with SBI ?

My SBI ATM card is vatil from 2010 but there is no expiry date on it.....:S

AFAIK ATM pin is required when you want to reset the password.

Revolution said:
Is there any connection with 3G code and the 4 digit ATM pin no ?
I mean do I have to use my ATM 4 digit password for Debit card registration ?
I don't want to change it now.
And when ever I do anything with my account I got an SMS to my mobile immediately.
Is than mean my mobile number is already register with SBI ?
My SBI ATM card is valid from 2010 but there is no expiry date on it.....:S

1. I don't think there's a connection between the 3D secure code and your ATM pin.
2. If you already get SMS alerts when a transaction is done then I think you have the mobile number already registered.
Try and register for the 3D secure code here: https://acs.onlinesbi.com/sbi/enrollment/enroll_welcome.jsp

PS: I went to my nearest SBI ATM to register, but it said 'out of service' or something grrrr..... everyone says you can register at 'SBI Group ATM', are there any other banks ATM's that I can register with? Those that come under 'SBI Group'? :S

It saying that there are 3 step for new registration.

And first step is Card NO and the Mobile NO.

My main query is in those three steps do I have to use my ATM PIN NO ?

I mean I don't want to disclose that PIN NO.....

@revolution, no mate both are different thing, those are not related to each other, you don't have to disclose your ATM pin, just register your no at nearest ATM machine>register at the site>set password, done

@other who have failed to do successful registration, mobile no where DND is activated can't be registered, as you won't receive the mobile verification code

This facility is available in HDFC issues Master / VISA cards and I tell you it is just superb. This extra level of security makes any online purchase much safer.

I'm totally pissed off at SBI. :no:

I went to the nearest ATM and registered my mobile no. I even got a printed slip which says "Your request for registration has been accepted." - I didn't receive any SMS though.
Then, I fired up https://acs.onlinesbi.com/sbi/enrollment/newuser.jsp in FF and filled up the details. After clicking 'next', site says "Your mobile number is not registered with us. Please register your mobile number at any of the State Bank Group ATM." :mad:

I've already registered this particular mobile no. in my net banking account and I get instant SMSs when I purchase anything via my debit card. So, I don't think DND is a problem.

WTF am I supposed to do now? :|

^ I guess it takes time of few days to reflect your number. It said, "request for registration" is accepted. Now we all know howmuch time a request takes to be completed at any government office :eek:hyeah:

iChaitanya said:
I'm totally pissed off at SBI. :no:

I went to the nearest ATM and registered my mobile no. I even got a printed slip which says "Your request for registration has been accepted." - I didn't receive any SMS though.
Then, I fired up https://acs.onlinesbi.com/sbi/enrollment/newuser.jsp in FF and filled up the details. After clicking 'next', site says "Your mobile number is not registered with us. Please register your mobile number at any of the State Bank Group ATM." :mad:

I've already registered this particular mobile no. in my net banking account and I get instant SMSs when I purchase anything via my debit card. So, I don't think DND is a problem.

WTF am I supposed to do now? :|
Is your mobile registered with DND ?

I finally got the confirmation SMS on 1st July and I was able to register for 3D Secure few mins ago.

Thank you for activating your State Bank Group Debit Card for 3D Secure Service. You can now make online purchases with complete peace of mind.

You can visit www.onlinesbi.com to modify your 3D Secure Password at a later date.

I was expecting an instant SMS but maybe I was expecting too much from SBI. It took 4 days (from the date of registration @ ATM) to activate this 3D Secure thing.

I seems something change on sbi debit card 3d secure registration page. because till yesterday it's showing ALREADY HAVE AN AUTHENTICATION CODE? and now nothing showing anything like that. and the registration process getting much easy. and please anyone have use this 3d secure code for online shopping website like ebay or other else, so please i want to know how can this service working. and how can i have everytime new password for every transaction ? please i have no idea about it and hope anybody explain me about how can work this complete process with online internet shopping like ebay.

SBI has changed this process. rather than issuing a one time password its real time now. so all you need to do is register your number from the account holding branch and thats all. A random password string will be sent to you by sms in that mobile number everytime you want to access any internet banking facilities. keep in handy that number.

To change that cell number you have go and re-register your new cell number in your parent branch.

Ridiculous stuff by SBI,they have disabled the registration for 3D secure pin,without any intimation and the message they give is 'inconvenience is deeply regretted'.It is just not possible to purchase anything from debit card.Pathetic!

Back