Graphic Cards Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X. Need Suggestions and User reviews

Hi guys, I am getting a used Sapphire Dual-X R9 280X for about 14k with around 1 year and 7 months warranty left. Is it a good buy? I know that it is slightly faster than a GTX 960, but I am primarily concerned about Sapphire, the manufacturer. As per my research online, Sapphire GPU's tend to go broke very often and mostly just after their warranty expires. If anyone owns this GPU I would like to know his views about the Durabilty, Temps, and Overclock ability of this card compared to Asus or MSI.

So will this be a good? I don't want a product which will go broke say after 2 year.

Also, does R9 280X support DX 12?

As per my research online, Sapphire GPU's tend to go broke very often and mostly just after their warranty expires. If anyone owns this GPU I would like to know his views about the Durabilty, Temps, and Overclock ability of this card compared to Asus or MSI.
I had a Sapphire 4870 which lasted me 5 and half years and still alive

Actually, the more higher end graphics card breaks more than lower end. And it includes all brands. Sapphire is a good company. You shouldn't be much worried.
The price 14k for 280x with 1.5yrs of warranty is quite steep. If there is an emergency than 12k is a fair max price. Otherwise, wait for week or so. Amd 3xx series is being launched. There r9 370 is same as r9 280. And that's going to be priced at around 10-12k mark new. So, if you buy a 280x now at 14k. Then be assured that your real resale value would be less than 10k in just 1 month from now.

i have a sapphire 280x toxic. the cooler design is different so my temps might be different but it idles at ~40c and peaks out at ~78c during summer.
the card has an out-of-box oc of 100mhz on both the gpu and vram.
fans become audible after 60c+
ive used sapphire's rma service (aditya infotech) in bangalore and had a satisfactory experience.
as others have said, all high end gpu's tend to have issues. the main thing is access to after sales service so i guess, just make sure there is a service centre in your city.
also, 14k is too high imo too.
All gcn based cards (hd 7xxx series onwards) will have dx12 support (not full support though).
new radeon 300 series is being announced on june 16th.

Last edited:
Back