Android Samsung support damaged my phone. What to do?

My s7 battery had got weak due to age and heavy charge use thanks to pubg. I took to get new battery. Now they while opening have fully damaged the backside paint that is on the underside of the glass. Now what to do ? I did not want to accept the phone like that but i dont have any backup phone so had to take it.

Resale value fully hit and it looks like a ugly ass phone. How to make samung get me a new panel or a similar age same phone.

Damage done by them

20190403_222702.jpg

Well in the service center itself you should have refused to accept the phone pointing towards the damages which weren't there before.

Also, while handing over the phone they mention the product condition in the job sheet like dents, scratches etc. So if they did so you can re-open the case and ask them to refer to the job sheet.
But you shouldn't have accepted the phone in the first place.

Similar thing happened with one of my phones in 2k15 I refused to accept as they damaged the camera area with full of scratches may be during opening the phone to replace the board etc.
They gave me a replacement panel but only after kept my phone with them for another 5 days. All this costed me around 4 weeks.

I have also observed these technicians dont take care like placing our phones on some rubber or soft material before getting to work. Unprofessional work ethics.

Well in the service center itself you should have refused to accept the phone pointing towards the damages which weren't there before.

Also, while handing over the phone they mention the product condition in the job sheet like dents, scratches etc. So if they did so you can re-open the case and ask them to refer to the job sheet.
But you shouldn't have accepted the phone in the first place.

Similar thing happened with one of my phones in 2k15 I refused to accept as they damaged the camera area with full of scratches may be during opening the phone to replace the board etc.
They gave me a replacement panel but only after kept my phone with them for another 5 days. All this costed me around 4 weeks.

I have also observed these technicians dont take care like placing our phones on some rubber or soft material before getting to work. Unprofessional work ethics.
Yeah like i said i was in a hurry. I also dont have a backup phone so will first arrange that and then give them phone, have escalated this and got a response to wait for 2 days now.

Completely agree with what @nRiTeCh mentioned in his post. You should not have even accepted it back, because when you receive the phone back, the service center actually makes you sign the job sheet mentioning that they are no longer liable for any damage that may occur. Now even when you go back to them showing the scratches, I'm pretty sure they will put the blame on you by saying that it has happened after taking it home.. :facepalm:

Completely agree with what @nRiTeCh mentioned in his post. You should not have even accepted it back, because when you receive the phone back, the service center actually makes you sign the job sheet mentioning that they are no longer liable for any damage that may occur. Now even when you go back to them showing the scratches, I'm pretty sure they will put the blame on you by saying that it has happened after taking it home.. :facepalm:
Naah. I wrote on job sheet that phone was damaged.

yeah i submitted the phone back. now been a week and im phoneless as i dont have spare phone. have to use my mothers dual sim phone. And they said they havent got approval yet for free replacement and reply may come on monday or tuesday only

yeah i submitted the phone back. now been a week and im phoneless as i dont have spare phone. have to use my mothers dual sim phone. And they said they havent got approval yet for free replacement and reply may come on monday or tuesday only

So what happened ?

So what happened ?
They still have my phone. I have emailed service head, CEO but nothing has moved yet. I dont even know if they will repair it or not. I have asked them to email me only and not call as one day the service guy called and said your request is rejected so you better take your phoen back. then i asked him to email me and threatened him consumer court case :confused:

Ceo? You ain't ambani or mittal right? Why will he even bother. Nothing could be done. Get your phone as is before anymore further damage.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

there is a option to email ceo office on samsung website. They have themselves advertised it as last resort.
I already know hence asked you. If a CEO is so much free to reply all end-user emails then probably that company isn't samsung but some shamshung and probably he aint any ceo as well but some customer support 24*7 personal advertised as ceo who actually answers all your queries. Funny but bitter truth!

I already know hence asked you. If a CEO is so much free to reply all end-user emails then probably that company isn't samsung but some shamshung and probably he aint any ceo as well but some customer support 24*7 personal advertised as ceo who actually answers all your queries. Funny but bitter truth!
Its the CEO office, Not him individually. All customer oriented companies already have it and they respond, even i got a call now through it and their team said we are looking into it.

So apparently after multiple emails and calls I finally got a call ysday from ceo office telling me that my new back glass has been ordered and I should get phone fixed FOC back by wed. Now new back glass will be scratchless :p guess I'll use this phone for 6 odd months more and now experiemnt with rooting as well. Any room which has the Samsung camera app as I remember on my last Samsung after rooting the camera quality suffered a lot.

Samsung exynos does not have good support as compared to the snapdragon counterpart.
So s7 snapdragon may have great xda rom support but in most cases the s7 exynos support is not great .
Also if I remember correctly if you root an exynos chip then knox is triggered . It cannot be undone .

Cheers !
Ankush.

Back