Samsung S5 for 23k

Its been on for the past 15 days .
Its the indian exynos variant with no lte and almost no xda custom rom support .
Buy if you like samsung .
BTW I love samsung . S3 , S4, Note1 .

It's still a good buy over Chinese brands at the same price point, if you don't need 4G.

Excellent camera
Excellent screen
Replaceable battery
Micro SD
Waterproof, dust proof
And excellent customer service network.

You'll surely get better resale value too.

Only problem is it's miles behind S6.. Both cost wise and refinement wise

No one will buy this at that price even, because premium manufacturers are offering better phones at same price point, some are even lower than this, like Xmiaoiya, RaidMi, OneTwoMinus Three Four etc. Why would anyone be interested in this at first place?
Lol when did xiomi and oneplusone kind of chinese brands became premium brands'?
Are you serious?
Even though I don't like samsung s5. But they are classic brands that have strong presence in premium strata.
Xiomi or other chinese mobiles make affordable phones for the ones who want it all at a small fraction of a price and usually can't afford the apples, top tier samsung or sony.

I have both phones with me right now and the OPO is better than the S5 in almost everything except the display and wifi range/speed. (Camera quality is quite similar, with the S5 being very slightly better).

One sweet simple truth->

Build Quality of OPO>>>>>>S5
Could you let me know about any review that actually mentions that built quality of OPO is better than samsung S5?
Also, the right comparison should be between S6 and opo as they are both flagship mobiles with latest specs from there respective brands.

I have both phones with me right now and the OPO is better than the S5 in almost everything except the display and wifi range/speed. (Camera quality is quite similar, with the S5 being very slightly better).

Actually, I don't blame you for your assumptions. As most people don't actually realise the difference between quality hardware components and higher specifications.
Those 2 things are quite different. A lower end/brand phone might provide better specs but it is not always necessary that it would also use better hardware quality that actually increase or decrease the overall mobile life. That is something that cannot be seen from the outside.
Premium brands' usually include high quality hardware with better caps etc. While chinese mobiles are generally known to include cheapest components out there that might or might not work for long term.
(opo might or might not be good. But a single phone cannot be taken as a example to crush these classic premium brands')

You might not get the same high end configuration as the chinese brands but you would most probably get better hardware quality in those brands.
So while you might be getting everything at 20k opo. But, brands like apple, samsung, sony etc are still the only premium brands' out there. Opo or xiomi etc can only be described as budget brands.

Could you let me know about any review that actually mentions that built quality of OPO is better than samsung S5?
Also, the right comparison should be between S6 and opo as they are both flagship mobiles with latest specs from there respective brands.

Actually, I don't blame you for your assumptions. As most people don't actually realise the difference between quality hardware components and higher specifications.
Those 2 things are quite different. A lower end/brand phone might provide better specs but it is not always necessary that it would also use better hardware quality that actually increase or decrease the overall mobile life. That is something that cannot be seen from the outside.
Premium brands' usually include high quality hardware with better caps etc. While chinese mobiles are generally known to include cheapest components out there that might or might not work for long term.
(opo might or might not be good. But a single phone cannot be taken as a example to crush these classic premium brands')

You might not get the same high end configuration as the chinese brands but you would most probably get better hardware quality in those brands.
So while you might be getting everything at 20k opo. But, brands like apple, samsung, sony etc are still the only premium brands' out there. Opo or xiomi etc can only be described as budget brands.

Knock:knock:

Dude S6 will be compared with OP2.

OPO was just released a couple of months later S5 and forget Exynos S5 Snapdragon underperforms even.

At 23k Exynos Samsung is not worth.
My friends year old S5 even lags compared to Moto X2 running same application and Multitasking.

Avoid Samsung at all cost even if it offers the buggy "fingerprint" sensor.

Bought one for the father and the missus as 21,500 during the SBI cashback offer. Really couldn't be happier.

One has been "updated" to Lollipop and one is still on Kitkat. No prizes in guessing which one runs better.

Yeah just like a lot of people say they hate Lollipop on the Note 3 too! I just don't get it! The phone runs much better on Lollipop than it ever ran on KitKat!

I have a Note 3. The lollipop update has hit the battery life, earlier it used to be about 6-7 hrs of screen on time, now its less than 5 hrs. Frequent app crashes, reboots and wifi issues make it worse. Waiting for a better update or will have to shift to a good custom rom. :(

I always feel most of the models are good with the OS they're launched with.
the newer OS updates mostly ruin the performance in general, or these updates are half baked ones & they don't undergo thorough testing and optimizations as much as the original OS on which they were launched.

Just think the amount of developers they can devote on Number of devices that are more than year old, the current model & upcoming models will be their obvious priority.

Or they deliberately release damaging updates, & you are forced to upgrade ??!! :arghh::arghh:
Ultimately their 1 yr Old models are the biggest competition to the current flagships & their previous buyers are the most potential customers, because they are adjusted to their eco-system already. :banghead:

I actually find lollipop better than kit kat .
Except for the battery drain.
I have a Note 3. The lollipop update has hit the battery life, earlier it used to be about 6-7 hrs of screen on time, now its less than 5 hrs. Frequent app crashes, reboots and wifi issues make it worse. Waiting for a better update or will have to shift to a good custom rom. :(
LOL! Note 3 user here, SD though, not Exynos, and the battery backup is at least 20-25% better than it ever was on KitKat. I have mentioned this all over XDA and a lot of others have said the same too! On KK I never achieved more than 5 hours SOT, on LP, with stock kernel (the early releases too!), I got six and a half hours on average (basically each and every time I would hit 6.5 hours mark!), and hit seven hours mark so many times, and twice hit the eight hours mark. Yeah I myself didn't believe it at first, but that was the FACT! I don't notice how is the backup now, but just for fun I will notice. I can surely say Project Volta definitely takes a place here, in a good way obviously. But hearing so many complaints about Exynos LP port gets me thinking whether Samsung has messed up something with it or not!

But please make sure whoever is running LP, you guys are running it after a master wipe. Otherwise please don't bother to complain. I simply could not care less about OTA updates. Those things are for my figures like my......umm, father.

I did a factory reset. Hell, I manually cleared the cache, dalvik and data from the recovery and still my phone runs slower than a Galaxy Nexus.

Shit like this makes me want to switch to iOS which, most probably, I will do next year

Back