Samsung Publishes Galaxy S4 Lollipop Source Code

booo

BA BA BA BABANANA
Skilled
Okay where did this come from?

Samsung is not known to do this. I mean yeah it's not like they are doing it for Exynos versions but this still is a big deal.
First they listen to user complaints/preferences and change TW and overall design for their flagships and then this.
Winds of change!

But But But But
that is a 2 year old device, with 0 to none interest whatsoever for newer customers.
why didn't they post the same for the Galaxy s5 and s6 too while they were at it?

I guess
1)They have still some unsold stocks of s4 left so a little publicity and dev incentive helps in clearing them off. (s4 sale in amazon)
2)They are going to re-release the exact same phone under a newer name and lower pricepoint.

Samsungs baby is Exynos, they have to garner good dev support to survive, that is why they created all the rumours of SD 810 heating and they went along with their own production on S6. Even though if all this phone sells for some design sake, how long can they provide support, 2 years; no manufacturer let aside Apple (not calling in the guns please here) would provide any help; so they need devs to bring out new ROMs and keep the device alive.
SD had a good dev support, for at least the next 2-3 years. Samsung is still young, it needs to get mature, or else they will lose all their invested R&D budget in Exynos.
Guessing it can be expected Samsung would be releasing Exynos S5 version Source too in the near future!

Samsung Publishes Galaxy S4 Lollipop Source Code
Samsung has published the Galaxy S4 i9505 Lollipop source code on its OpenSource website, opening up avenues for kernel developers to build custom kernels for the device. The code is available in the form of a 1.1GB zip file, and carries the I9505XXUHOA7 version tag.

http://opensource.samsung.com/reception/receptionSub.do?method=sub&sub=F&searchValue=I9505XXUHOA7

:woot::woot::woot::woot: Still cant believe my eyes....:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:
They pissed off developers big time when the s4 came out. Somebody posted the blog of a developer who was a big samsung dev. very bitter story. mental & psychological torture and they succeeded in turning this guy off samsung for life.

the better ones won't touch this until they see more proof of consistency. Announcements about source code need to be corroborated as to how comprehensive it really is.[DOUBLEPOST=1425644718][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okay where did this come from?

Samsung is not known to do this. I mean yeah it's not like they are doing it for Exynos versions but this still is a big deal.
First they listen to user complaints/preferences and change TW and overall design for their flagships and then this.
Winds of change!
They're hurting in the wallet.

Sony always did this otherwise nobody would care about their flagships.

Back