Budget Above 25K Samsung Galaxy S6?

logistopath

Molar Police
Staff member
Super Mod
I am on the lookout for a mobile to replace my 1.5 year old Moto G (1st gen) that has already started lagging annoyingly. This time around, my budget is a considerable 35K. I wanted to get my hands on the Oneplus Two, but it looks like a very long wait.
SO, does a Galaxy S6 32GB at around 37K make sense buying right now? What other options can I consider, assuming that I will buy the phone in another two weeks time? I am not in a hurry, but that doesn't mean I can keep waiting forever. Newer and better phones are gonna keep coming all the time.

P.S: Only looking for an Android.

Note 5 is out, so wont the prices of older models come down? And have a look at htc one m9 . heard they are good or even moto droid turbo.
If at all you want to go samsung, stick with note series.

Note 5 is out, so wont the prices of older models come down?
Note 4 prices "might" come down. Not sure by how much or when.
And have a look at htc one m9 . heard they are good or even moto droid turbo.
Not keen on the HTC. Moto Turbo was a consideration, especially with its large battery. But it feels overpriced at 41K compared to the newer mobiles that have made into the market recently.
go with moto x play, it's gonna launch really soon. Or wait for nexus 2015'15
Isn't Moto Style supposed to be the better spec'ed variant? If I come across a definite launch date within these two weeks, I'll definitely wait for the same. Same goes for the Nexus 2015 models. But based on whatever photos of Nexus 2015 that are rumored to be leaked online, I will skip them. Both LG made and Huawei made Nexus 2015 look so meh.. ugly even.

isn't Moto Style supposed to be the better spec'ed variant? If I come across a definite launch date within these two weeks, I'll definitely wait for the same. Same goes for the Nexus 2015 models. But based on whatever photos of Nexus 2015 that are rumored to be leaked online, I will skip them. Both LG made and Huawei made Nexus 2015 look so meh.. ugly even.

yes but has qhd which isn't good for battery hence my recommendation. and next month has to be launch date for n5'15, coz android naming happened early too, so better wait. also, nexus 5's leaked pics showed a fugly ass design too, but in person it looked sexy.

Using S6 over a month now I am pretty happy with it's performance. Other than mediocre battery life nothing really against it.

If Note 4 gets the software update of S6 or Note 5 it's a good buy. I doubt Samsung will be interested in improving N4 now.

All other flagships, which relied on Snapdragon Chipset have been a disappointment till now.

It's better to wait until mid November (Diwali) when New Nexus, Mi5, Xperia Z4 & Motorola phones will be available. Note 5 price will also be reduced by then.

IPhone 6s (though you prefer Android) with force touch etc might be a game changer, who knows? It's better to wait a while, as so many new phones are releasing.

@Sobirvs @drkrack I have more or less made up my mind to wait till Diwali. Hopefully the announced phones are released by then. As of now, the S6 is high on my list, along with a few to-be-released phones. Not very keen on displays over 5.7".
@chetansha No to imported phones. Will buy one with bill and warranty only. Should have made that clear in my first post.

@logistopath i know many fear imported phones for the warranty issue. Touch wood, i have imported quite a few. And never faced issues with any ( yea except touch screen issue in one G2). But i guess each one to his own/

If it's a mission critical device or a daily driver, I'd never use imported unlocked phones. Network connectivity cannot be compromised on any account. I never had connectivity issues with Samsung, Nokia, BlackBerry, HTC, Sony & iPhones. I had connectivity issues with almost all Chinese phones including Lenovo & oneplus one. 3g connectivity was still worse. So is the case with many unlocked phones.

Coming to OT, if you're interested in Dual sim functionality LG G4 and Oneplus two seems to be the only option. There's nothing much going to change in this section.

If you can forego the fingerprint scanner Samsung Galaxy S6 active (AT&T exclusive) seems to be the best option right now, with 3500mah battery & IP certifications it's a better alternative over regular S6.

if you're interested in Dual sim functionality LG G4 and Oneplus two seems to be the only option. There's nothing much going to change in this section.
I'm not fixating on dual sim functionality. It would be just an added bonus, but a single sim device is perfectly fine.
If you can forego the fingerprint scanner Samsung Galaxy S6 active (AT&T exclusive) seems to be the best option right now, with 3500mah battery & IP certifications it's a better alternative over regular S6
Thanks for that. I was not aware of the Active version of S6. Looks tempting. This would be high on my list, if I decide to import the device.

@chetansha I'm not against importing a mobile. I have done so in the past. This time around, given that this is the first time I'm gonna plonk over a quarter of a lakh rupees on a mobile, I thought I will play safe. But as mentioned above, I might decide to import if nothing else works.

Note 4 is my favourite and the one I believe is the best set available around 36-37k range (imported ones), and that's what I am planning to get anyway, over S6. Last time I was confused between S5 and Note 3, went for the latter and I know how much I love this set even after almost ten months of usage.

Looks like the Moto X play will come with a dual sim variant as well. Since both will have the same basic hardware, maybe that makes more sense, though I am confused as to whether they will keep up the same software update time table for single and dual sim versions.

Back