Samsung Galaxy S2 : awful battery life :|

I faced a similar problem, this is what you should do.

1. Check the current firmware, I think you must be on KE4

2. Connect to samsung kies, see if any update is available(In my case, samsung kies said no update available)

3. Google for KE7 firmware and download it. Make sure it is for your region.

4. Use odin to install it, plenty of guides out there. (This is not rooting, or installing custom ROM..its just normal firmware upgrade)

You should experience much better battery life.

You can connect to kies and find the next new firmware and update.

Remember to backup all your data before doing this.

Some more tips for better battery life :

1. Dont use live wallpaper.

2. Keep the brightness to a low level.

3. Turn OFF the automatic brightness thingy..it doesnt help!

4. If you want to go extreme, change the wallpaper to a complete black one.

Hope this helps :)

I think you definitely landed with a lemon.

I charged it at Night around 11 pm it showed me fully charged.

I used it a but, changed lockscreen wallpaper, changed to live Microbes wallpaper, setup my wifi watched 5 of my Hi-def 1980x1080 videos. Watched 3 youtube clips then listen to radio for a 30 mins & went to sleep that time the battery was down to 88%.

then in the morning when i woke up turned on wifi again which downloaded 5 emails read them & then turned it off again. Did use it except to make/receive 5 calls til 2 pm after which i downloaded & installed 22 applications from app market. played each of them for a few minutes & the battery was down to 66%

Current battery status is 55%

Now it has been 17 hours 20 minutes this my info.

Display 26%

Android OS 14%

Android System 10%

Wifi Sharing 9%

Dialer 8%

Cell Standby 8%

Market 5%

Phone idle 5%

Voice Calls 9%

Drag Racing 5%

Microbes 3%

My build is Lite'ning Rom v1.4 XWKF1

Kernel is 2.6.35.7-i9100XWKF1-CL265340 root@dell106#2

Android 2.3.3

ryanrulez4ever said:
im Getting 20-24 hours backup with My SGS2 with MIUI build 26.8 , with 2-3 texts, 20 mins of music listening, 10 mins of angry birds, and maybe 6-7 mins of calls and yes data On , and yes i moved in from BB2 and yes i miss the battery, but Android is awesome, many apps to choose from, Many devs, Even i used to get backup of 14-15 hrs with stock rom, but MIUI rocks \m/

I have send you PM, can please reply me.

You can just claim Dead on Arrival and arrange for a new phone.

Ask your local dealer, he may be able to arrange a replacement.

You don't need to sell it at a loss... I claimed DOD on my Nokia E72, after 2 days, Since one of the Key on the Nokia Phone was a bit harder to press then the others.

There is absolutely no need of selling this, afterall its a new phone, OP can claim DOD as hmasalia said or as gaganjain said OP can give it to service center for a battery replacement.

I get 2 days of up time with

WiFi off,
3G data off (used only in emergency),
Luma Live wallpaper,
all widgets removed except for some shortcuts,
3G watchdog monitoring my 3G usage,
Go Launcher EX with 2 homescreens only,
Black lockscreen wallpaper.

At the beginning I used to get 1 and a half days of up time but it increased over the period of time. I never listen to songs or watch videos on my phone. No radio either. An occasional sync that too using WiFi.

lalala

Well well that day in the evening i went to the shop from where i got my S2 , asked him to take it and give me a new BB bold3 , but he was hell bent that he will get the problem sorted out but for that he need 2 days . Now today an hour back i got a call from him that by evening i can have a new sealed packed S2 :D yooyoo . So, the point is the previous one i recieved was lemon? else i dont see them giving me a new phone that too within 2 days . i'll have to thank the shopwala for this . though i bought a new bb bold 3 that day , dont know what i should do with it now :|

thanks so much guys , all of you have been very helpful . will update you all the time a get hands on the new phone in the evening :)

Cheers

Aniruddh said:
lalala

Well well that day in the evening i went to the shop from where i got my S2 , asked him to take it and give me a new BB bold3 , but he was hell bent that he will get the problem sorted out but for that he need 2 days . Now today an hour back i got a call from him that by evening i can have a new sealed packed S2 :D yooyoo . So, the point is the previous one i recieved was lemon? else i dont see them giving me a new phone that too within 2 days . i'll have to thank the shopwala for this . though i bought a new bb bold 3 that day , dont know what i should do with it now :|

thanks so much guys , all of you have been very helpful . will update you all the time a get hands on the new phone in the evening :)

Cheers

Give it to me :) will use it properly and bless you everyday for a long and fruitful life ;)

geat yaar u get another phone... ive been using my SGS2 since a month now.. the battry times improved significantly.. earlier used to play with the phone all day.. 10 to 14 hrs complete drain.. but now.. it can easily last 2 days on single charge... stock everyting.. its one helluva phone.. just give it some time...

Back