S2 vs. Grand Vs. One S

deepanshuchg

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?
A: Around 22k

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: Dnt know

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Samsung>HTC> Any Indian brand

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Required a 5MP camera or more. Flash.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android only

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G,Wifi,

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: A bit of games, music, sometimes clicking pics

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Will prefer single sim but no harms on dual sims as well

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: I was thinking of SII or One S but due to out-dated processor of ONE S(for indians), it is kinda removed from my list.
And today Samsung launched Grand with a whooping 5 inch screen but its has a WVGA capacitive touch screen which is stopping me to choose it.
Or i shud save 4-5k and go for Samsung galaxy s advance?

Go for galaxy S2 if you are into modding and stuff . It also has a great camera.
Galaxy S advance has a better battery life and is good phone for general use,But the phone as whole is a class lower then the S2

Galaxy S 2 will have much lesser value after Galaxy Grand launch.. though it has lower resolution display , u can still consider it , check it out at some store..
i had 5" WVGA display in my dell streak and it was not bad at all ..

Go for galaxy S2 if you are into modding and stuff . It also has a great camera.
Galaxy S advance has a better battery life and is good phone for general use,But the phone as whole is a class lower then the S2

This wud be my first android phone till now i was using BB
so i am not sure if i'll be in modding stuff or not

I shudnt go for SII if i'll not be modding?
You can still buy an S2. Its a perfectly capable device even without modding.. You could also look at the Sony Xperia S from ebay.. costs 20k with 1 year dealer warranty..
If you are comfortable with Indian brands then wait for a couple of weeks for the Micromax A116 Canvas HD to hit the shelves..

I shudnt go for SII if i'll not be modding?

Nothing like that but it is expensive in my opinion and its greatest advantage in the Community support around it.

If you are not going to avail that, go for the handsets that have been suggested as they will get the official update to JellyBean in the coming days (OR already are running the same).

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Also, the cheaper prices that are being shown to you are from eBay which does not have official warranty backup. Consider this before making a purchase.

You can still buy an S2. Its a perfectly capable device even without modding.. You could also look at the Sony Xperia S from ebay.. costs 20k with 1 year dealer warranty..
If you are comfortable with Indian brands then wait for a couple of weeks for the Micromax A116 Canvas HD to hit the shelves..

My dad wont allow me to buy from ebay and personally i dont like Sony handsets
And since S2 is almost 2 years old wont it cause any problem although it is getting JB update but may be in terms of hardware (i mean it will not luk out-dated? )

My dad wont allow me to buy from ebay and personally i dont like Sony handsets
And since S2 is almost 2 years old wont it cause any problem although it is getting JB update but may be in terms of hardware (i mean it will not luk out-dated? )
No.. I use an S2 myself and it is running on the XXLSJ leaked jellybean firmware..I'm using NeatRom Lite.. I still don't find any lag while using the phone. Like I told you earlier, it is a perfectly capable device and the Exynos processor is much more potent than the ST-Ericsson that powers phones like the Xperia P and Sola. I assure you, it is not outdated at all (barring the screen resolution).. Its still a pretty good device and probably your best bet in this price range(since you don't want a sony)..

^^ +1 .. Its still a pretty capable mid-range phone even so long after its launch so thats a testament itself to its value.

The only negative is the 800x480 res. (considering today) Apart from that its awesome

will Super AMOLED Plus capacitive touchscreen of SII will make much difference against WVGA TFT display of Grand ?? As i am not sure abt these displays
It definitely will.. GSMArena has a preview of the phone on its blog. They say and I quote "[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Built around the unimpressive at first sight 5″ TFT LCD display with a WVGA resolution, the Grand sports a 1.2GHz dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage (easily expanded thanks to the microSD card slot)." [/FONT]
[FONT=HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]In any case, the Super AMOLED+ display of the S2 will blow the Grand's TFT screen out of water. The WVGA SAMOLED+ display on the galaxy S2 has a density of 217ppi since it has a comparatively smaller diagonal of 4.3" compared to the 187ppi 5" TFT display of the Grand :)[/FONT]

Yesterday i visited a mobile shop (my uncle's) and asked for pricing of S2
and he said: "S2 to bahut poorana ho gaya hai.. wo kyun le raha hai"
and Galaxy grand was not available as it will be in market in 1st week of Feb so i am kinda confused again :unsure:

Back