Budget 90k+ Ryzen gaming build requiring suggestions

Probably not.... But, you will be giving one more sale to Intel, which will help to let them continue with the trend. Game programmers will continue to NOT optimise the games for multi threaded environments.

Everybody has different needs and everybody should buy what suits themselves the most. Advising you on whether you will see any difference in gaming performance or not will be a pure speculation on my part given that coffee lake is not around yet.

What I can tell you is that some people advised my to get 8 GB RAM as they think that I will not need 16GB most likely. I still went with 16GB. And guess what. A simple game like GTA V in single player makes my computer use 10 GB RAM. Does it happen with people who have 8GB RAM? No. But they lose those frames. Average frame rates dont matter. What really matters is the minimum. And our system should be built to target that. This RAM example is an analogy. May or may not be applicable to 6C/6T vs. 6C/12T. Will Coffee lake beat Ryzen? Who knows. But will they ever beat it at minimum frame rates? Not likely.

Anyhow, it was just supposed to be a rant. Personally, I go for AMD all the time as I like supporting the underdogs when I can. Just to give them a small help from my side to keep them afloat which in turn helps the competition live. Same reason, I always buy AMD graphics card (4870 > 7850 > R9 270x). This time time I had to buy a gtx 1060 because of all those miners and also because AMD didnt need my help this time, given, all their cards are selling. :)

This has gone too off topic, unfortunately, sorry.

TLDR; I was in your situation till 25 days ago. I did months of research for building the beautiful PC that I now have. I scratched my head, pulled my hair and ended up buying a Ryzen 5 1600 system which I was anyway thinking to get at the beginning. lol. You will also go through the same and its good that you will. I learned a lot during my time and so will you. Eventually, you will realize that whatever you build will be beautiful and serve your needs whether it is AMD or Intel. Good luck building your monster. :)

Probably not.... But, you will be giving one more sale to Intel, which will help to let them continue with the trend. Game programmers will continue to NOT optimise the games for multi threaded environments.

Everybody has different needs and everybody should buy what suits themselves the most. Advising you on whether you will see any difference in gaming performance or not will be a pure speculation on my part given that coffee lake is not around yet.

What I can tell you is that some people advised my to get 8 GB RAM as they think that I will not need 16GB most likely. I still went with 16GB. And guess what. A simple game like GTA V in single player makes my computer use 10 GB RAM. Does it happen with people who have 8GB RAM? No. But they lose those frames. Average frame rates dont matter. What really matters is the minimum. And our system should be built to target that. This RAM example is an analogy. May or may not be applicable to 6C/6T vs. 6C/12T. Will Coffee lake beat Ryzen? Who knows. But will they ever beat it at minimum frame rates? Not likely.

Anyhow, it was just supposed to be a rant. Personally, I go for AMD all the time as I like supporting the underdogs when I can. Just to give them a small help from my side to keep them afloat which in turn helps the competition live. Same reason, I always buy AMD graphics card (4870 > 7850 > R9 270x). This time time I had to buy a gtx 1060 because of all those miners and also because AMD didnt need my help this time, given, all their cards are selling. :)

This has gone too off topic, unfortunately, sorry.

TLDR; I was in your situation till 25 days ago. I did months of research for building the beautiful PC that I now have. I scratched my head, pulled my hair and ended up buying a Ryzen 5 1600 system which I was anyway thinking to get at the beginning. lol. You will also go through the same and its good that you will. I learned a lot during my time and so will you. Eventually, you will realize that whatever you build will be beautiful and serve your needs whether it is AMD or Intel. Good luck building your monster. :)

Man, you made me emotional, lol. Anyways for raw performance benefits whichever trumps I'll get that as I need this rig to last atleast 5 years with minimal upgrades. After Ryzen, let's see what Intel has for us this Christmas.

Zen masters, any of you have experience with the Asrock Pro4 B350 mobo, planning to pair it with a R7 1700, please comment. I am looking for a white and black themed build and hence particular interest in this board.

Man, you made me emotional, lol. Anyways for raw performance benefits whichever trumps I'll get that as I need this rig to last atleast 5 years with minimal upgrades. After Ryzen, let's see what Intel has for us this Christmas.

LOL.... Now that I re-read my post, I can understand why.

Anyhoo, check this link out. Coffee lake debuts on 5th Oct 2017. i5 will be 6C/6T. i5 8400 will be 2.8/4 GHz. i5 8600k will be 3.6/4.3 GHz.

With this information in hand, they may be able to beat R5 1600 in current games on average frame rates. Game recording/streaming may be slow due to less number of threads. Price is very near to R5 1600. Minimum frame rates might be better on R5 1600. Let's see what happens.

My speculation is that overall platform cost (CPU+Motherboard) will be slightly higher for Intel and Ryzen will likely still win. Nevertheless, whoever wins, consumers will definitely win. :)

LOL.... Now that I re-read my post, I can understand why.

Anyhoo, check this link out. Coffee lake debuts on 5th Oct 2017. i5 will be 6C/6T. i5 8400 will be 2.8/4 GHz. i5 8600k will be 3.6/4.3 GHz.

With this information in hand, they may be able to beat R5 1600 in current games on average frame rates. Game recording/streaming may be slow due to less number of threads. Price is very near to R5 1600. Minimum frame rates might be better on R5 1600. Let's see what happens.

My speculation is that overall platform cost (CPU+Motherboard) will be slightly higher for Intel and Ryzen will likely still win. Nevertheless, whoever wins, consumers will definitely win. :)

Looks like Intel is coming to compete now. Let's see how the 6 core i5 performs again Ryzen 1600

Zen masters, any of you have experience with the Asrock Pro4 B350 mobo, planning to pair it with a R7 1700, please comment. I am looking for a white and black themed build and hence particular interest in this board.
Well not to discourage you or something but if you are on a budget, try focusing on performance than aesthetics. ASRock is a great brand but nothing beats Asus' track record in motherboard industry. Again I'm not a sales guy or a fan boy, just giving ideas based on facts.

Well not to discourage you or something but if you are on a budget, try focusing on performance than aesthetics. ASRock is a great brand but nothing beats Asus' track record in motherboard industry. Again I'm not a sales guy or a fan boy, just giving ideas based on facts.

Well, I am looking at both (functionality and aesthetics), the Prime B350 from Asus has its issue, do you have a suggestion on B350 board below 10k?

Aesthetics and performance wise Asus STRIX is the one to get IMO. But there was a MSI board which had more power phases than the Asus one. Can't remember the exact model though.

Well, I am looking at both (functionality and aesthetics), the Prime B350 from Asus has its issue, do you have a suggestion on B350 board below 10k?

can you mention what issues? they may be history now coz its running smooth for me today.

memory support i guess all mobos will have, recent BIOS updates at least my memory is stable now.

i only did basic OC, this is not a OC board, get your Asrock or maybe ASUS crosshair hero 6 (whatever that is called)... good luck.

Asus is best when it comes to BIOS updates. As for overclocking, with the appropriate cooling it seems that 4 GHz is the highest mark normal users can reach, which may not be for everyone as it will purely depend on the Silicon lottery you win by buying your processor.

memory support i guess all mobos will have, recent BIOS updates at least my memory is stable now.

i only did basic OC, this is not a OC board, get your Asrock or maybe ASUS crosshair hero 6 (whatever that is called)... good luck.

No mate, dont want to spend 20k on the mobo, will be happy with 3.8 ghz using the stock cooler. Anyone has any idea about the Asus B350F Strix or X370 Prime?

I would suggest you to go with Asus Strix B350-F Gaming motherboard aswell.

Sure Asus X370 Crosshair 6 comes with extra bells and whistles but you need to ask yourself whether you require all the features that CH6 offers and whetger you would be using them?

As far as overclocking is concerned, lets say that you won a silicon lottery and you got a processor which is capable of hitting 4.1GHz. With CH6 you maybe able to run the processor to its full potential but if you go with a B350 motherboard which has good VRM, you may end up running that processor at 4GHz.

You would have to ask yourself whether 100MHz plus few extra features is really worth the 5-10k extra that you would have to spend, if you would go with CH6?

No mate, dont want to spend 20k on the mobo, will be happy with 3.8 ghz using the stock cooler. Anyone has any idea about the Asus B350F Strix or X370 Prime?

B350f-gaming: 6 SATA ports (4 from chipset+2 from Ryzen CPU), no SLI support. Can do 3 way crossfireX though.
X370 prime: 8 SATA ports (6 from chipset + 2 from Ryzen CPU), full 2 way SLI and 3 way crossfireX support.

The choice boils down to these 2 things only. Also, one is 10K and the other is 15k. So, you have to decide if the above 2 things justify the increase of ~30% in cost based on your needs.

I would suggest you to go with Asus Strix B350-F Gaming motherboard aswell.

Sure Asus X370 Crosshair 6 comes with extra bells and whistles but you need to ask yourself whether you require all the features that CH6 offers and whetger you would be using them?

As far as overclocking is concerned, lets say that you won a silicon lottery and you got a processor which is capable of hitting 4.1GHz. With CH6 you maybe able to run the processor to its full potential but if you go with a B350 motherboard which has good VRM, you may end up running that processor at 4GHz.

You would have to ask yourself whether 100MHz plus few extra features is really worth the 5-10k extra that you would have to spend, if you would go with CH6?

Another point, the X370 will have better VRMs and power phase design which will make the frequency go higher up with lesser voltage, leading to a bit of better OC and motherboard life. But unless one is an enthusiast and has a sack of money to spend on a rig, I guess B350 is the way to go. Investing on a better GPU, chasis, CPU and PSU is of prime importance as I understand from my research.

I am now considering the Asus B350 Strix and the Asrock X370 Killer SLI, there is a difference of 1.5k between the boards. @TweaknFreak how is your experience with the Strix B350?

I am now considering the Asus B350 Strix and the Asrock X370 Killer SLI, there is a difference of 1.5k between the boards. @TweaknFreak how is your experience with the Strix B350?
Well that is weird as I hope there should be at least a price gap of 5-6k between those boards. One is a X370 board and another one is a B350.
As for your question I'm still waiting for Coffee Lake to come out. And also that GTX 1070 is way over priced right now.

Well that is weird as I hope there should be at least a price gap of 5-6k between those boards. One is a X370 board and another one is a B350.
As for your question I'm still waiting for Coffee Lake to come out. And also that GTX 1070 is way over priced right now.
Its likely that he got an inflated quote for ASUS ROG Strix, which might have closed the gap. Or, he is indeed getting the Asrock at 12k. lol.. I am really curious now.

Back