Budget 90k+ Ryzen gaming build requiring suggestions

TweaknFreak

Disciple
Hello folks! I sold my last PC which was built in 2012 and now I'll start putting together a rig in the coming months. Just waiting for the GPU prices to dip a bit.

Budget - INR 1,20,000/-
Use - Gaming
Current setup - None, sold it. Only a Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD and Logitech F130 controller lying around

I did a little digging of my own and came up with this :

CPU : AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler : Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO

Motherboard : Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming AM4 Motherboard

Memory : G.Skill 2400Mhz(2x8GB)

Storage : Seagate - Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU : Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Windforce Video Card

Case : NZXT - S340 Elite (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case | Corsair 460X

PSU : Corsair - CXM 650W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Wireless Network Adapter : TP-Link - TL-WN881ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Display : LG 25" Ultrawide 2560x1080 @ 60Hz

I was thinking of getting Crucial RAM as they cost much less and perform great at okay-ish timings but they don't have any branch over in India. So shipping have to be covered at my own expense.

Regarding the chasis I think I have to look at them first hand in order to decide. One thing I'm dead set on is I won't go for any sort of liquid cooling, be it AIO or custom loops.

You folks are more than welcome to suggest me any other options in the respective categories, but I request you to give a reason for it, however brief it may.

Thanks in advance! :)

EDIT : I live in Mumbai and will buy from PrimeABGB at Lamington Road probably unless I find a killer deal elsewhere.

Last edited:
  1. What is your budget?
    • 1,20,000 lakhs
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • None, sold it
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD
    • Logitech F130 Xbox controller
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • In the first post
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • Final
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Mumbai
    • Open to online purchase
  7. Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  8. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
  9. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • In motherboard I like the quality and BIOS update frequency of Asus.
  10. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Mostly FPS and RPG along with Sports simulation.
  11. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Ultrawide 25" 2560x1080@60Hz
  12. Are you looking to overclock?
    • Only a little, upto 3.8GHz
  13. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit

Try to squeeze in a good PSU like a Corsair RM650x 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU into the configuration. With that kind of budget, i think its possible.

A good PSU would serve you for many years to come. I am not saying that the one that you selected is bad but RM650x with 10years warranty is just better. I dont think the one that you selected comes with 10yrs warranty.

Rest of the build looks good.

Just my 2cents.

I would recommend spending few bucks more on monitor and get a 144hz monitor if you are really dedicating this build for games.
Also,+1 for better psu.[DOUBLEPOST=1504717512][/DOUBLEPOST]I would recommend spending few bucks more on monitor and get a 144hz monitor if you are really dedicating this build for games.
Also,+1 for better psu.

The build is spot on for that resolution. Although I would say go for a better psu. Seasonic S12II-620 is amazing for 8500 bucks. Also go for a 144 hz panel or a bigger 4k panel on which you'll game at 2k due to that 1070.your choice.

Ohh for the case if you're going for a mid tower check out CM masterbox lite 5 rgb for 5700.
Also you don't need to buy a cover for ryzen 1600. Whatever Oc potential it has it can be raised on the awesome stock cooler. I mean on stock coolser people have ocd it to 3.8. You won't a be able to get it above 4 anyway no matter what cooler you use.

But it looks good in the current shape too.. :)

Last edited:
Try to squeeze in a good PSU like a Corsair RM650x 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU into the configuration. With that kind of budget, i think its possible.

A good PSU would serve you for many years to come. I am not saying that the one that you selected is bad but RM650x with 10years warranty is just better. I dont think the one that you selected comes with 10yrs warranty.

Rest of the build looks good.

Just my 2cents.
Will try that but it'll require more INR 3k. I guess it has 10 year warranty right?

I would recommend spending few bucks more on monitor and get a 144hz monitor if you are really dedicating this build for games.
Also,+1 for better psu.[DOUBLEPOST=1504717512][/DOUBLEPOST]I would recommend spending few bucks more on monitor and get a 144hz monitor if you are really dedicating this build for games.
Also,+1 for better psu.
Right now all I'm looking forward to is 60Hz gaming and I'm comfortable for it. Maybe after few years I'll switch to 144Hz when my budget permits me a better GPU

The build is spot on for that resolution. Although I would say go for a better psu. Seasonic S12II-620 is amazing for 8500 bucks. Also go for a 144 hz panel or a bigger 4k panel on which you'll game at 2k due to that 1070.your choice.

Ohh for the case if you're going for a mid tower check out CM masterbox lite 5 rgb for 5700.
Also you don't need to buy a cover for ryzen 1600. Whatever Oc potential it has it can be raised on the awesome stock cooler. I mean on stock coolser people have ocd it to 3.8. You won't a be able to get it above 4 anyway no matter what cooler you use.

But it looks good in the current shape too.. :)
I know Seasonic is great for PSU but do they have any centre in our country to RMA or avail warranty?
And for case I looked in the Masterbox, but it had no fan mounts on top so went for either S340 Elite or 460X. 460X looks dope whereas S340 is a great chassis

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, RM650x carries 10 yrs warranty.

And yes Seasonic has RMA centres in India.

Seasonic is an OEM for Corsair and produces great PSUs.

I had Seasonic S12D 750w 80+ Silver Rated PSU which i recently sold. (shouldn't have sold it at 3.5k as the PSUs prices have gone up) :(.

Even though Seasonic M12II 620w is a great PSU, i wouldnt suggest you to go with it coz

Seasonic m12II 620w - 80+ Bronze Rated, Semi-Modular, 5yrs warranty, Costs Rs. 8500.

Corsair RM650x - 80+ Gold Rated, Fully Modular, 10yrs warranty, Costs Rs. 9600.

So for Rs. 1100 more, you are getting 80+ Gold Rated PSU (a lot better than bronze in efficiency), Fully modular, 10yrs warranty and 30w extra :p as compared to m12II 620w.

Seasonic is an OEM for Corsair and produces great PSUs.

Seasonic used to be an oem for corsair for their HX series power supplies. Of late corsair PSUs are crappy and built by a bunch of other vendors. The top end ones are built by CWT which is still ok though.

However the VS and CX are crap and should be avoided.

Yes, VS and CX should be avoided like plague. Like I said in another thread, please read the tomshardware PSU tier list and you will notice that Corsair CX is well below tier 2 which is the minimum for gaming builds. Otherwise you are looking at fried components as worst case scenario in a few years. Look, I have a corsair TX 750 in my second rig which I bought in 2009. It is still powering the system very well and my components from 2009 are still working as new. Please at least get Seasonic M12II 520 evo which is a modular PSU and is available for around 6500. Corsair now has bad vendors for vs and cx series. CS is the minimum one should go for with Corsair.

On a side note, if you are only going to game at full HD @1080p, consider getting a GTX 1060 6GB for around 23000. It produces well above 70 FPS consistent in modern games at ultra full HD. This card should be good for at least 2 years for high settings at 1080P 60 FPS. By that time, you can buy the then mid range gfx card and you will save some money while you are at it. How much are you getting the 1070 at? I think around 40K for the model you mentioned?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Seasonic used to be an oem for corsair for their HX series power supplies. Of late corsair PSUs are crappy and built by a bunch of other vendors. The top end ones are built by CWT which is still ok though.

However the VS and CX are crap and should be avoided.

Thanks for the info about Seasonic partnership with Corsair. :)

When i used to be active on this forum in the past at that time people used to buy CX400 over CX430 because even though CX400 was older as compared to CX430, it was overall better hence ppl used to go with it.

I had a gut feeling that Corsair has completely messed up the CX series thats why i didnt suggest him a CX series PSU.

RM Series PSUs are great and got great reviews and as you said CWT is now the oem partner for high end PSUs, i did my homework and found the same.

OP, If possible and if your budget allows, go with Corsair RM650x PSU which was selling for 9.2k on Primeabgb website a few days ago or else go with M12II Evo 520w. :)

On a side note, if you are only going to game at full HD @1080p, consider getting a GTX 1060 6GB for around 23000. It produces well above 70 FPS consistent in modern games at ultra full HD. This card should be good for at least 2 years for high settings at 1080P 60 FPS. By that time, you can buy the then mid range gfx card and you will save some money while you are at it. How much are you getting the 1070 at? I think around 40K for the model you mentioned?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

Actually the resolution of the monitor I'm going with is 2560x1080, that's why I chose 1070 over 1060 as I have no plans to upgrade at least in coming 3 years.

On that note, I had a very common query, would it help if my relative from US bought a part or two from there? I mean in here prices are really high due to customs duty and taxes. But if I buy any component abroad, will I get warranty here or do I have to ship it back all the way through US RMA centres?

Actually the resolution of the monitor I'm going with is 2560x1080, that's why I chose 1070 over 1060 as I have no plans to upgrade at least in coming 3 years.

On that note, I had a very common query, would it help if my relative from US bought a part or two from there? I mean in here prices are really high due to customs duty and taxes. But if I buy any component abroad, will I get warranty here or do I have to ship it back all the way through US RMA centres?
The obvious - you will have to ship it back - barring a few things like AMD CPUs.

If you really want to stick with 60hz....
I definitely recommend a qhd(1440p) screen.
It makes day and night difference..and 1070 pairs up right with that resolution..

If you really want to stick with 60hz....
I definitely recommend a qhd(1440p) screen.
It makes day and night difference..and 1070 pairs up right with that resolution..

But my budget for monitor is 20k and I couldn't see any 2K monitor in that range. Could you provide model numbers or links of any monitors I could get in that budget?

Yes bottleneck won't be there, that's for sure. But I guess my current build will be more future proof at 1080p rather 1440p don't you think?
If gaming is your only priority, then it'll only going to get worse at 1080P. Better get a 1440P (27" inch) which will put very less stress on CPU while gaming.
Or you could just wait for a month or two for Intel Coffelake and make a informed decision.

If gaming is your only priority, then it'll only going to get worse at 1080P. Better get a 1440P (27" inch) which will put very less stress on CPU while gaming.
Or you could just wait for a month or two for Intel Coffelake and make a informed decision.

The monitor has good reviews. Are there any other options in this price range?

Back