Graphic Cards RX480 priced at 30.4k in India

I think they pushed the 480 a bit too hard resulting in the power draw issues at launch which is why we still haven't seen many non reference solutions yet, the 470 is a steal if you can manage to source one from the US, I'm probably gonna get the Sapphire Nitro 470 but I'll have to wait until Dec end.
You guys should stop having buyer's remorse, you still picked a sensible alternative that isn't too overpriced, my only concern is with Nvidia's planned obsolescence tactics once Volta is out which is why I held off buying a 1060 myself.

btw I heard people are buying amd cards in bulk for mining coins.

Didn't ASIC's render gpu mining obsolete a few years back ? Is there a new currency worth mining with gpu's these days ?

btw I heard people are buying amd cards in bulk for mining coins. thats why its out of stock most of the time.

this was true a while back (4+ years).
however, asics have taken over the mining role as they are many times more efficient.

yes, there is a shortage but that's not entirely unexpected so soon post launch.
give it a another 2-3 months and both pricing and availability should improve. (hopefully)

this was true a while back (4+ years).
however, asics have taken over the mining role as they are many times more efficient.

yes, there is a shortage but that's not entirely unexpected so soon post launch.
give it a another 2-3 months and both pricing and availability should improve. (hopefully)

Don't know if you saw my post. Ethereum mining. Very much profititable. Maybe it hasn't reached the extent of the scrypt mining craze but it's there. And there are no ASICs for Ethereum yet.

People are buying up RX470s and RX480s.

Don't know if you saw my post. Ethereum mining. Very much profititable. Maybe it hasn't reached the extent of the scrypt mining craze but it's there. And there are no ASICs for Ethereum yet.

People are buying up RX470s and RX480s.

no, sorry i didn't. yours and the 2 posts before it were posted while i was typing.
and i haven't heard of etherium mining so it wouldn't have mattered. my ignorance is guaranteed :D

Back