Rs 5,000 too much? Steps to close SBI savings account!

You still do not have a PPF account? Get one at the earliest ASAP.

This changed my mind. Already EPF hai na bhai.[DOUBLEPOST=1500463421][/DOUBLEPOST]Today something miraculous thing happened. My frnd closed the account in 15mins.

Like i said earlier all new young staff.

SBI was begging so he gave them ₹590 for closing the SB account. (New rules from 01-04-17)

Last edited:
well the ppf still makes a lot of good sense to me
starting now might be stupid but no harm in still doing that for a guaranteed return

Closing sbi is stupidity.. It's the only reliable bank.. They have better asba , online ppf , better app, simple af internet banking

Closing sbi is stupidity.. It's the only reliable bank.. They have better asba , online ppf , better app, simple af internet banking

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

i have ppf with them for 20 yrs - no online
savings bank ac with them for 10 yrs - no online
loan account with them for 10 yrs - no online

they suck and make you visit the branch for everything and make you suffer a lot to get basic stuff enabled like mobile/online!

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

i have ppf with them for 20 yrs - no online
savings bank ac with them for 10 yrs - no online
loan account with them for 10 yrs - no online

they suck and make you visit the branch for everything and make you suffer a lot to get basic stuff enabled like mobile/online!
Well I visited branch only once to open the account.. Opened like 20-30 FD , use asba regularly, international transactions. Never even once there was any problem

Well I visited branch only once to open the account.. Opened like 20-30 FD , use asba regularly, international transactions. Never even once there was any problem
One thing i agree about SBI online.. Their Internet banking portal is super awesome of all out there!!

For accounts with at least 1 crore amount in them.

But soon it will be for 50 lakhs, 20 lakhs, 10 lakhs, 5 lakhs...

wrvGxQZ.jpg

Isn't it easier to withdraw everything in the account and forget about it. Over a period of time, it will be deemed dormant and then closed due to inactivity, right?
Wrong it may show up on your credit and damage your scores.[DOUBLEPOST=1508148512][/DOUBLEPOST]It is just a general advice I give to all to not to close their SBI accounts.

CIBIL scores are based solely on credit related transactions (credit cards or loans availed). Bank account balances cannot and will not reflect on credit scores.
But are they transparent enough to tell us that their formula does not take into account the outstanding amount of banks?

Also banks don't look at the CIBIL score only. They pull the full credit history. If the outstanding amount in the bank appears there, what will we do? It may not affect the score but if it appears in the history, then it is the same thing.

Back