Resident Evil 7 : Discussion Thread

I played through the demo at least 4 times. Twice on PS4 and same on PC. Each time, I ended up getting the bad ending and thought that was it, but a few days back, I tried it again and discovered a whole new side to it. Now that was a surprise.

The game itself is shaping up to be really good. I love the new look, the atmosphere and first person perspective. Going by Capcom's last failed attempt at Resident Evil 6, I think this is a welcome change from the characters and the setting.

It's more along the lines of 'The Evil Within', which is a rather good thing. The visuals are really amazing and I'm impressed with the performance across both platforms being consistent. Then again, it's Capcom, who specialize in optimization. I might pick it up for PS4 as the PC price is way too much and visual trade off isn't that high.

I played through the demo at least 4 times. Twice on PS4 and same on PC. Each time, I ended up getting the bad ending and thought that was it, but a few days back, I tried it again and discovered a whole new side to it. Now that was a surprise.
Now that is a surprise for me too. I thought too that it's meant to have a "not so positive" ending.

I guess I got to play again.

Got the game.Played a bit more than an hour & I must say people are right its far far better than the crap RE 6 & somewhat okay RE 5. I am not saying overall but the intro is far better. Will update as I progress.

Last edited:
This game is one of the best games in the series. Yes if you missed Resident evil after completing RE 4 then this is the game you should play. Its far better than RE 6 & also better than RE 5. I would rate it after re 4.This may be in first person but it is completely a resident evil game & the first person view in fact good. CAPCOM nailed it this time!
The game has a good story with equally good gameplay. This time I would not agree with IGN I mean their rating for this game is a bit low. The game looks awesome at some places & at some places you can easily see that it was made especially keeping consoles in mind (poor texture).
Anyways this time it has autosave & manual save too thus you don't have to worry about starting again from the manually last saved location.:D If you are a fan of Resident evil especially resident evil 4 then you will love this game. The current price is a bit high but I would suggest buying it if you get a good discount. Steam showed me around 16hrs but I think I completed the game within 11-12 hrs.Compared to RE4 this game is a bit short & easy but thats actually a good thing considering the plot. Overall this game meets the hype it made & I would recommend it to all RE fans.

Last edited:
Back