Reliance JioLink Indoor WiFi ; Preview offer and Tariff Plans

swatkats

Skilled
C4wwwtn.jpg

The JioLink indoor WiFi is a CPE or Customer Premise Equipment which involves a Unidirectional Antenna most likely installed on the roof or terrace of a building and WiFi router which will be at your home / office. The Indoor WiFi router or JioLink unit features a RJ45 port and is connected to the antenna by means of a Cat5 / Cat 6 cable. So in really layman terms , this is basically a 4G MiFi/ Wireless Hotspot with an external antenna and unlimited battery life

Jio is going to offer 4G LTE services in 3 LTE bands – Band 3 – 1800MHz, Band 5 – 850MHz and Band 40 – 2300 MHz. It is likely the the JioLink antenna is optimized for these bands and will get you the best speeds basis the signal strength. This is very interesting because JioLink will work as a signal booster. Another reason this solution is interesting is because, even users with devices which don’t support Jio’s LTE bands can experience the high data speeds over WiFi. Note that this is mainly targeted at offering data and not calling, but considering Jio is planning to roll out support for Wi-Fi calling or VoWiFI , this could be a good solution to have.

Now coming to the preview offer, Jio is offering 90 days of unlimited 4G data and subscription to its premium suit of apps including JioPlay and JioOnDemand. Tariffs beyond the 90 day period are not available currently.

Jio is going to charge Rs.2500 towards installation and setup of JioLink solution at your home or office. The JioLink Preview Offer is currently available in select cities across India where Jio Preview Offer for Lyf & Samsung are currently offered.

Source:http://www.fonearena.com/blog/19240...or-wifi-plans-and-preview-offer-revealed.html

I hope they price the plans sane enough, after the preview offer ends. Without that information at hand, it's tough to jump the gun. 2500/- is quite an investment.

I had used their Wimax thing earlier, gave me exact speeds as mentioned and connection was very stable. Will this device be similar like the Wimax model ?

Will it help the existing mobile from premises that are on jio 4G ?

Wow hope this "preview offer" starts ASAP :D Right now I called one of the Reliance Digital store manager (KPCT in Fatima Nagar, Pune) and he was not aware of this. Got his number from RD toll free number on their website.

@onlyravi and @Vagabond - if you have any luck do post updates - this is something I am definitely going to take up if I can get it - hoping it will give speeds approaching 100 mbps on this equipment.

Seems much better/cheaper than going for LYF devices for the trial offer.[DOUBLEPOST=1469619862][/DOUBLEPOST]Tried calling the toll free number which is printed on the image - (got the same number from RD toll free support guy) - they say currently only available for employees - this will only be available after commercial launch! I said the advertisement claims 90 days free trial is available NOW to which the guy said he also was not aware.

Will try asking again after a few days.

Last edited:
So in really layman terms , this is basically a 4G MiFi/ Wireless Hotspot with an external antenna and unlimited battery life

We have to provide the power right? If you plug your 4G MiFi/Wireless Hotspot 24 hours to a power source, you get unlimited battery life for those also (unless the rate of discharge is greater than rate of charge)

JioLink-WiFI-LTE-Modem-amo5510.jpg

JioLink-Indoor-WiFI-Router-Jio-amo5510.jpg

A quick check on a import database reveals that over 100,000 units of this device being imported into India from Malaysia since last year at a price of Rs.4400 approximately per unit which is lower than the Rs.2500 cost which Jio is going to charge for customers installing this device.

We have also learnt that preference will be given to employees, distributors and dealers.

Source: http://www.fonearena.com/blog/192531/jiolink-device-photos.html

Any ideas what is the device specs (max speeds capable) if this thing? I can't make out the "Outdoor Unit Model xxxx" number in the pic (bottom right) even after zooming in...

Talked to a nearby Reliance Digital store. They will be getting the device in few days. Maybe next week.
But from what he knew. It will cost Rs2500 for the outdoor unit. + Rs 800 for installation and indoor router.
Not very sure on this as he has not yet recd the devices. I asked him about the tech specs of the device and he knew nothing.

A quick check on a import database reveals that over 100,000 units of this device being imported into India from Malaysia since last year at a price of Rs.4400 approximately per unit which is lower higher than the Rs.2500 cost which Jio is going to charge for customers installing this device.

We have also learnt that preference will be given to employees, distributors and dealers.

Source: http://www.fonearena.com/blog/192531/jiolink-device-photos.html
fixed

What about Jio BB then? Maybe I missed it but what is the tariff?

You ll be able to get your money's worth within the 3 month time period anyhow.
Exactly. Even if you consider 2500/- for 90days of UL high speed. Its pretty good. Secondly 90days is a more than reasonable period to test out a new ISP if you really plan to switch rather than just switching and suffering.
And be it Jio or any other ISP. The service always depends on the area. its like they say YMVV. I have had good exp with Sify and Reliance which other users in Pune hate to even talk about. I know ppl in Pune getting pathetic speeds on Reliance.

Last edited:
Btw, as per my understanding.. MiFi devices are wireless only, right?

My neighbour's hathway connection is due for a renewal next month. We gen opt for 3 month package deal to avail 40 GB per month download limit. I plan to suggest this MiFi device to him. Will he be able to go online via desktop with this thing? If not, what procedure can be undertaken to get the desktop internet enabled via this Jio MiFi?

Back