Reliance Jio Rollout

That's what I wanted to know, There are no unlimited 3G/4G plans from any company which beats Jio prime offer.
At the time of 3G launch they were giving unlimited 3G. You can google it.
May be at 4G launch they may give 4G unlimited or restart 3G unlimited.

But monthly 300 rs for Jio isn't good. Can't spend that much amount even if you have money.

Plan is good on paper but quality of service is way poor at some locations. In thane where my brother stays i never got more than 15KBps speed. calling is unreliable too. So for such unreliable service 300 pm is quite high. Reliance gsm had plan giving 10gb for pm for 100 bucks i think (2G on paper) but i couldnt even open single webpage with it. Also play store never opened with that connection. Also you never know when and how jio will change their conditions and throttle speeds so 1gb per day limit would be far fetched too depending on time and location.

Plan is good on paper but quality of service is way poor at some locations. In thane where my brother stays i never got more than 15KBps speed. calling is unreliable too. So for such unreliable service 300 pm is quite high
Same here, I don't get the speed more than 20kbps so even though the scheme is mouth watering but not useful for people like us.

^ohh. I get good speed, not constant speed. 1.6 mBps speed was top speed. I saw one time on Lenovo k6 power. But its not true 4G speed. It's true 3G speed on paper.
That means locality matters. Frequent network problems call drops that occurs. But internet work properly for me.
End of Net neutrality...

Guys,

Anyone using Jio on 850 Mhz band in Delhi NCR ? I got an AT&T GoPhone that supports only Band 5 for the Indian market. Went to the DX Mini store today and they just gave in stupid excuses for which i eventually dropped the plan to buy one.
They told if you buy the free SIM, you'll only get the services on 2300 Mhz band, but if you recharge for some Rs. XXX, IIRC Rs 300, you'll get 6GB data for 28 days and then only you'll get the 850 MHz usage ( too hard to believe with that illogical reasoning).
Secondly, they were apprehensive on entertaining a porting request and wanted to sell only a new sim card.

Any pointers ? Should I go ahead with porting or buy a new sim ? And will that work on the 850 Mhz band ? I'm just wanting to have it as a spare phone for my home. Rs.99 for an year of free voice calling anf data ain't a bad option at all.

Guys,

Anyone using Jio on 850 Mhz band in Delhi NCR ? I got an AT&T GoPhone that supports only Band 5 for the Indian market. Went to the DX Mini store today and they just gave in stupid excuses for which i eventually dropped the plan to buy one.
They told if you buy the free SIM, you'll only get the services on 2300 Mhz band, but if you recharge for some Rs. XXX, IIRC Rs 300, you'll get 6GB data for 28 days and then only you'll get the 850 MHz usage ( too hard to believe with that illogical reasoning).
Secondly, they were apprehensive on entertaining a porting request and wanted to sell only a new sim card.

Any pointers ? Should I go ahead with porting or buy a new sim ? And will that work on the 850 Mhz band ? I'm just wanting to have it as a spare phone for my home. Rs.99 for an year of free voice calling anf data ain't a bad option at all.
I don't think that you understand the Jio Prime offer properly.
Rs.99 is just a subscription fee like the one you pay for getting Amazon Prime or Flipkart First. You then need to buy items from Amazon/Flipkart and you have to pay for the item as listed on the site. Just because you are an Amazon Prime/Flipkart First member, all products are not free. You have to pay the price for the item.
Similarly in Jio, you have to pay Rs.303 for the month when you want to call/download data. For Rs.99, you get Jio Prime status only for a year. Nothing else. No call/ no data for paying only Rs.99.

Guys,

Firstly, as @hotshot05 mentioned, its (99 per year) is a base subscription plan. If you have paid for that plan, you can avail of the 303 booster plan.

Secondly, with only 850 MHz, I would think that it's ok as a backup, but not primary. Thats because a majority of the devices have LTE support for B3 and B5, but very few support B40. Your device will work, but I would suggest to keep it as a backup.

1. Do NOT port. Get a new SIM
2. As others have said, ~300 bucks a month + 99 for the year
3. 850mHz is good enough for the crappy real world 5-10mbps you are gonna get, theoretically bands 3 and then 40 are faster but that's when you're talking real 4g speeds, not this crap
4. You can get quite some shit done in one gb and if you're so inclined, 2-5am is unlimited. You can make quite a lot of calls, when it connects. That is if you're OK spending 300 bucks a month on a backup phone[DOUBLEPOST=1487886991][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw the Redmi 2 has bands 3 & 40 but no 5, and it really sucks in low network signal areas. Overall i would pick band 5 over both 3 & 40 if i had to choose only one. Everyone doesn't live under a tower...

@bbthumbhealer

1. Do NOT port. Get a new SIM
2. As others have said, ~300 bucks a month + 99 for the year
3. 850mHz is good enough for the crappy real world 5-10mbps you are gonna get, theoretically bands 3 and then 40 are faster but that's when you're talking real 4g speeds, not this crap
4. You can get quite some shit done in one gb and if you're so inclined, 2-5am is unlimited. You can make quite a lot of calls, when it connects. That is if you're OK spending 300 bucks a month on a backup phone[DOUBLEPOST=1487886991][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw the Redmi 2 has bands 3 & 40 but no 5, and it really sucks in low network signal areas. Overall i would pick band 5 over both 3 & 40 if i had to choose only one. Everyone doesn't live under a tower...

Actually, I too would advice not to port unless that is not your primary SIM.

Secondly, I doubt you will get even that 5-10 Mbps, since many people are going to take the 303 offer compared to AVoID's lesser data. Many already have a Jio SIM. We can only know once we are past April 1st - ironically April Fools Day :p

^^

Wait, i'm confused. Are you saying that more people are going to pay for Jio than are currently enjoying for free?

My personal guess is around a 30% subsriber loss. Individuals, not sims, since many have multiple.

Funny how april fools is when everything important happens. like the new financial year, sbi MEGABANK vs sharknado etc etc

Back