Reliance Jio Rollout

So there are no top up plans?
The FUP's only till the 31st of December, during the free service. No top-up plans cos everythings free. After the free offer you'll be billed at 250/50 per GB.
I'm sure they'll reduce it even further if their network can't handle the load.

Airtel and IDEA stock before and after Reliance JIO free voice call announcement
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrP07KGUsAAsEKh.jpg:large

:troll:

Die Failtel! :borg:
I love knee jerk reactions. This slide assumes Airtel and IDEA will not be able to do anything against these plans and that remains to be seen and analysed. Bought some Airtel and Idea instead.[DOUBLEPOST=1472793221][/DOUBLEPOST]Found this over at BB forums so taking no credit for the find:
https://reliance.ssl.cdn.sdlmedia.com/4927.pdf

OXG4WaO.png

4GB FUP per day after that 128kbps

Agree on other parts except for call quality. On 2G /3G even on say weak signals (2 or 3 bars of signal) you get good call quality. On JIO even in 4G coverage I have issues with call quality. The person on other end says I sound like an old radio station. That needs to change. The only problem for me today with JIO is I cannot use it as my primary calling no. Network is available almost everywhere and data services is also good(most of the times) At times the data is connected but one cannot stream even a normal youtube video or FB page. This is not acceptable is I want to use it as my primary no.
IMHO the plans are nothing much to go gaga about. Its the same as on other international all LTE networks. Only costing low than that.
And AGAIN 28 days????? :banghead:
Why you comparing it with LTE network internationally compare it with the networks available in India and with their plans , What we are getting and what Jio if offering there is big difference.

I love knee jerk reactions. This slide assumes Airtel and IDEA will not be able to do anything against these plans and that remains to be seen and analysed. Bought some Airtel and Idea instead.[DOUBLEPOST=1472793221][/DOUBLEPOST]Found this over at BB forums so taking no credit for the find:
https://reliance.ssl.cdn.sdlmedia.com/4927.pdf

OXG4WaO.png

4GB FUP per day after that 128kbps
Noob question- This FUP isn't for those who generated a code through the JIO app, right ? I was gonna get the sim through the code today, so just wanna be sure

Noob question- This FUP isn't for those who generated a code through the JIO app, right ? I was gonna get the sim through the code today, so just wanna be sure

Most probably, yes.[DOUBLEPOST=1472794731][/DOUBLEPOST]
Reliance employees have already been instructed to port from airtel CUG to Jio. Its been 7-8 days since the porting formalities were completed
Any idea for corporate plans overall?

For Postpaid plans, validity is mentioned as 'Billing Cycle' - is that means 1 month? (certain date to that date next month)
And seems postpaid plans will have tax extra. So that will make postpaid plans a bit costlier than prepaid ones, even if prepaid means its 13 recharges a year.

I love knee jerk reactions. This slide assumes Airtel and IDEA will not be able to do anything against these plans and that remains to be seen and analysed.

Ah the irony here.
You yourself are assuming that people are thinking of idea and failtel as sitting and twiddling their thumbs.

This tanking of their shares is going to initiate them into action, which they should have done ages back. It was long overdue, and only such a jolt would have made them sit up and notice. That has happened, and the competition will get the users something they deserved.

So I think I understand how 50 per GB is calculated - 4GB for 4G data + 8GB for Jio wifi spot = 12 GB. So 499/12 ~ 42 per GB. In the same vein the highest package - 4999/225GB (75GB + 150GB on hotspot) = 22 per GB. WTF!

50/GB is applicable after you exhaust bundled WiFi data. Refer to PDF for more info. Regular 4G mobile data is same at 250/GB.

Attachments

• JIO_All_Plans_detailed.pdf
    212.7 KB · Views: 268
Most probably, yes.[DOUBLEPOST=1472794731][/DOUBLEPOST]
Any idea for corporate plans overall?
No idea

Agree on other parts except for call quality. On 2G /3G even on say weak signals (2 or 3 bars of signal) you get good call quality. On JIO even in 4G coverage I have issues with call quality. The person on other end says I sound like an old radio station. That needs to change. The only problem for me today with JIO is I cannot use it as my primary calling no. Network is available almost everywhere and data services is also good(most of the times) At times the data is connected but one cannot stream even a normal youtube video or FB page. This is not acceptable is I want to use it as my primary no.
IMHO the plans are nothing much to go gaga about. Its the same as on other international all LTE networks. Only costing low than that.
And AGAIN 28 days????? :banghead:
Must be different for you in Pune, but here airtel sucks big time. Even on full coverage, users used to go hello hello hello. at one point of time, Connected calls would drop exactly at 1 Min 13 sec. So for me calls were pathetic on 2G. If they are good for you on 2 or 3 bars then good for you!! When the user on the other end said you sounded like a old radio station, was he on Jio too? because voice quality will be as good as the weakest link in the chain. So if the other person is on 2G/3G, the extra info that is being sent by Jio for your voice will be "dropped" by the recepient 2G/3G network.

Ah the irony here.
You yourself are assuming that people are thinking of idea and failtel as sitting and twiddling their thumbs.

This tanking of their shares is going to initiate them into action, which they should have done ages back. It was long overdue, and only such a jolt would have made them sit up and notice. That has happened, and the competition will get the users something they deserved.
Huh?! Unless I get my dictionary wrong being ironic is being paradoxical which I was not.

I simply stated first stock market reaction to a news item is "knee jerk" which was shared and posted by many as airtel/idea being destroyed by "jio plans" when they are not. Jio's service quality and airtel/idea's response is yet to be seen before every thing is finalized and by that time shares would have recovered. Business always has a long term perspective and doesn't go by day to day stock price fluctuations. They would have been aware or planning in place before the announcement,whether that would work remains to be seen. Thats why I bought some shares and currently up 4rs (5rs up on Airtel and 1rs down on Idea). Obviously I could be wrong too. I really dint want to take the thread in another direction hence, dint go into such detail earlier.

50/GB is applicable after you exhaust bundled WiFi data. Refer to PDF for more info. Regular 4G mobile data is same at 250/GB.
Actually the calculation derived was not only on the 50 per GB data but also Ambani's assertion that more you use the cheaper it gets. He said data can be as cheap as 25 per GB. The only way it makes sense was to do the calculation on the 5k package.

I simply stated first stock market reaction to a news item is "knee jerk" which was shared and posted by many as airtel/idea being destroyed by "jio plans" when they are not. Jio's service quality and airtel/idea's response is yet to be seen before every thing is finalized

Well I am little lost here, whose knees were jerked in the whole deal?

Reliance announced Jio:
1) Crashed some stocks of the other vendors (noticeably huge) and they are yet to react - No jerking knees yet to be seen from the cartel side.
2) Jio as such made a strong entry - Does that warrant any knees to jerk on the R side? nope.
3) News caught up like wildfire because the cartel seemed to be unequipped for the counter yet and ppl/media are definitely interested to see whats coming from them. - Knees are tight there as well :)

Well I am little lost here, whose knees were jerked in the whole deal?
When he says knee jerk reaction he's talking about the people selling their airtel stock. Can you guys stop micro analysing this?

Airtel Postpaid - Currently I am paying Rs.349+Tax for 600 local+national minutes, 300SMS and 300MB of 4G data.[Corporate CUG] and wifey pays Rs.249+Tax for the same plan w/o data.
The Rs.149 cuts my bill by Rs.200 with unlimited minutes! Attractive for users with less data usage.
Wait and watch mode until the service stabilizes. N/w needs to at the same level of Airtel/Voda for customers with post paid plans to shift.

Back