Reliance Jio Rollout

I tried it in iPhone 6s itself. It does support carrier aggregation. In same area where single band handsets get 20-22 Mbps. At same location , I am getting 33-35 Mbps with iPhone 6s

I might be mistaken but IIRC Jio's CA is on Band 3 and 5.... your screenshot is currently showing "1 carrier(s)" on Band 40. And appears that your phone does support bands 3 and 5.

So maybe you should plan a visit to this RCP area to check if this NSG app shows "2 carrier(s)" on B3+B5 :D

Though this page does not list your phone: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_LTE_Advanced#Xiaomi so maybe even though the CPU supports CA the phone is using a non-CA-capable modem.
Problem with xiaomi, is their is no clearcut documentation about carrier aggregation. I would drive clear away from xiaomi with carrier aggregation.[DOUBLEPOST=1497301751][/DOUBLEPOST]You won't find it officially on xiaomi site about carrier aggregation support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for a WWAN dongle which will do Jio. Planning to get a thinkpad...

Yeah, I guess the WWAN modules that come in some laptops are unlocked, but gotta be careful whether they support enough LTE bands. Band 40 would be the main one I guess. Probably won't support CA. Also the older models gotta check the max theoretical speed supported (LTE category etc).

I might be mistaken but IIRC Jio's CA is on Band 3 and 5.... your screenshot is currently showing "1 carrier(s)" on Band 40. And appears that your phone does support bands 3 and 5.

So maybe you should plan a visit to this RCP area to check if this NSG app shows "2 carrier(s)" on B3+B5 :D

Though this page does not list your phone: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_devices_with_LTE_Advanced#Xiaomi so maybe even though the CPU supports CA the phone is using a non-CA-capable modem.

Yup, the redmi 3s prime supports all 3 bands, but i'm quite convinced now that it does not support CA.

I tried it in iPhone 6s itself. It does support carrier aggregation. In same area where single band handsets get 20-22 Mbps. At same location , I am getting 33-35 Mbps with iPhone 6s

Problem with xiaomi, is their is no clearcut documentation about carrier aggregation. I would drive clear away from xiaomi with carrier aggregation.[DOUBLEPOST=1497301751][/DOUBLEPOST]You won't find it officially on xiaomi site about carrier aggregation support.

Now it's starting to make more sense. My friend who lives a little away and gets ~40mbps is using an iPhone SE. I thought it was my location that was giving me slower speeds of ~20mbps. But now that you mentioned it it's probably his CA in action. I'll have to do more testing with his and my phones at his location and then mine. Could take a while, dude is pretty busy.[DOUBLEPOST=1497378907][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, I guess the WWAN modules that come in some laptops are unlocked, but gotta be careful whether they support enough LTE bands. Band 40 would be the main one I guess. Probably won't support CA. Also the older models gotta check the max theoretical speed supported (LTE category etc).

Laptops can take LTE sims?

Laptops can take LTE sims?

Yeah, some laptops which (if you see the detailed specs pages) mention "optional WWAN module" or something like that (like lenovo) have this thing.

But I only remember seeing this a few years ago, not sure about recent models. Then again, apparently some models (upcoming?) may again start to have this stuff now that 4G LTE is more prevalent across the world.[DOUBLEPOST=1497408893][/DOUBLEPOST]edit: yeah for example, the lenovo thinkpad X1 carbon currently listed on india website mentions this: "Wireless WAN (optional) - Integrated Mobile Broadband 4G LTE (Huawei ME906S)"

Last edited:
Yeah, some laptops which (if you see the detailed specs pages) mention "optional WWAN module" or something like that (like lenovo) have this thing.

But I only remember seeing this a few years ago, not sure about recent models. Then again, apparently some models (upcoming?) may again start to have this stuff now that 4G LTE is more prevalent across the world.[DOUBLEPOST=1497408893][/DOUBLEPOST]edit: yeah for example, the lenovo thinkpad X1 carbon currently listed on india website mentions this: "Wireless WAN (optional) - Integrated Mobile Broadband 4G LTE (Huawei ME906S)"

I believe that also does not have B40 support :(

Here is carrier aggregation confirmed on lyf f1s. On band 850,it's delivering 50mbps plus speed. Tried to just confirm whether it's real or band 40 only. Used netvelocity on lyf f1s

[DOUBLEPOST=1497840283][/DOUBLEPOST]
IMG_9907.PNG

Last edited:
Try it in NSG. 5th tab from the left.[DOUBLEPOST=1497869916][/DOUBLEPOST]Umm, it might not work if not rooted...

Dammit, I only just got a SIM home delivered a couple of weeks ago which was working pretty well and now all of a sudden no signal for the past couple of days. CC claims no network/tower problems in my area and most likely the SIM is kaput and I have to go and visit a Jio store to get it replaced. Wish they did home delivery of replacement SIMs too.

@pratikb That kind of speed i get only during 2-5am. Too many Jio users near my place ;(
What you get that speed at night ?
If you want to talk about too many users then your area doesn't even come close.

In south delhi since its launch i have never seen speed of more than 12mbps.
Most of the time i get 1-2mbps and at 2-5am it hits 10mbps for few minutes.
You continue to download/stream at that speed and they will throw you back to 2mbps.

I use jio only for calls and few days ago i thought of watching a video on YouTube at 360p and i wasn't able to without buffering.

Rs402 wasn't a bad deal for 3 month plan. After june if they ask for Rs300 for 1 month then i will cut my sim

Last edited by a moderator:
Delhi. I was their in month of February but I didn't face problem. Indoor I was watching jio tv and decent quality.[DOUBLEPOST=1497967230][/DOUBLEPOST]@TheGreatOne what handset you use.

Do try software update for your handset.

Carrier aggregation at work. Enjoy.[DOUBLEPOST=1497994553][/DOUBLEPOST]You getting very good upload speeds their. It's dual carrier aggregation at your one plus handset.
Enjoy the speed.

Carrier aggregation at work. Enjoy.[DOUBLEPOST=1497994553][/DOUBLEPOST]You getting very good upload speeds their. It's dual carrier aggregation at your one plus handset.
Enjoy the speed.
I was wondering what would be speed on new devices like OP5 supporting 3CA.

Two-channel carrier aggregation generates peak download speeds of up to 225 Mbps, and three-channel carrier aggregation has produced speeds in excess of 300 Mbps.

As of now only Verizon and t mobile usa are doing triple carrier aggregation.

In Indian scenario, jio should start it next year once basic network stabilizes.
Idea also might do it.

Triple carrier is meant for >500mbps speed. I doubt how much will deliver actually.[DOUBLEPOST=1498033363][/DOUBLEPOST]I think they would achieve around 150-200 Mbps speed on triple carrier.

Back