Less than 10K Reliance Jio 4G handset with Whatsapp and youtube support

Futureized

Skilled
I am looking for a new handset for my granny.
She needs 2 more important things youtube and whatsapp..
A good camera will entertain her too..

I want to use Reliance Jio Network on this handset..
Budget 5K to 9K max.
I want a phone which enables direct calling on handset and not use the Jiovoice app.

Phone should also work on other 4G networks.

I would suggest using Redmi Note 4, extend budget by 1K more, it will have a slightly bigger screen. However, it may not have the bands needed for other 4G networks to be enabled.
Thank You for reply, I cannot understand that technical language..
My little cousin holds redmi note4 device on idea 4g or vodafone 4g (I am sure she doesnt knows to use same).

Kindly suggest me good option, I want to gift her tomorrow Nov. 7th (as her anniversary gift, grandpa no-more since long time)

Again if she enquires local people coming everyday to home, she wont like it, (she gave me 4K for purchasing a new phone for herself)..
Its kind of emotional stuff I am caught on honestly, else would have never posted here.. :(

Thank You for reply, I cannot understand that technical language..
My little cousin holds redmi note4 device on idea 4g or vodafone 4g (I am sure she doesnt knows to use same).

Kindly suggest me good option, I want to gift her tomorrow Nov. 7th (as her anniversary gift, grandpa no-more since long time)

Again if she enquires local people coming everyday to home, she wont like it, (she gave me 4K for purchasing a new phone for herself)..
Its kind of emotional stuff I am caught on honestly, else would have never posted here.. :(

Idea and Vodafone will use different bands compared to Airtel and Jio. Although the Redmi Note 4 has the needed hardware, the bands are disabled by software.

upload_2017-11-27_19-4-43.png

Hence, you can use Jio and Airtel 4G n/w on the phone, while Vodafone and Idea 4G n/w will not work at all locations.

I would suggest to get a bigger screen any day over the 4G bands, and others will work as well, albeit on 3G.[DOUBLEPOST=1511832464][/DOUBLEPOST]
Which bands you are talking about that are missing on Redmi Note 4 ?

B3, B5 and B40 are only present as of now. I am pretty sure they have disabled the others to maybe conserve power...

Idea and Vodafone will use different bands compared to Airtel and Jio. Although the Redmi Note 4 has the needed hardware, the bands are disabled by software.

View attachment 72913

Hence, you can use Jio and Airtel 4G n/w on the phone, while Vodafone and Idea 4G n/w will not work at all locations.

I would suggest to get a bigger screen any day over the 4G bands, and others will work as well, albeit on 3G.[DOUBLEPOST=1511832464][/DOUBLEPOST]

B3, B5 and B40 are only present as of now. I am pretty sure they have disabled the others to maybe conserve power...
Nah but then why we need other bands apart from the ones u stated above, These 3 bands are used here in India for LTE.

If you want mi phone then best is to get it online

If offline then i have a friend who owns a shop just outside kandivali station in the west side, shop name - Mahavir or mahaveer, which is just next to cinemax, hardly 5 secs from the station in the west

If interested then pm me, will forward u contact details

If you want to buy it offline, Vijay Sales has the phones I believe.
I got the same in Vaishali market in Malad west and Citi Center in Goregaon west.

Xiomi Note 4 3GB/32 GB for 9999
Samsung J7 NXT for 11490

Shopkeeper was strongly suggesting me to go for Samsung cause of after sales issues with Xiomi..
He said, even if after opening the sealed packing of phone, if something goes wrong they wont be responsible if its faulty and stuff.

Damn.. it makes me confuse again.. cause hardware wise I assume Xiomi is stronger then Samsung in two models above.

Citi center is a well known shopping hub

Also as Vivek said vijay sales also has offline sales and has redmi phones as well

About the issue you faced regarding Samsung and Xiaomi I just feel that the shopkeepers have a higher margin on Samsung, Oppo, Vivo phones as compared to MI and hence they promote those brands

If MI phone is perfectly sealed I don't see any risk unless your luck is very bad and phone does have genuine defect

Thanks Charun.
How do i reconfirm the sealed packing to ensure nothing is tempered with ?
Or Vijay Sales i will go and purchase.[DOUBLEPOST=1511887431][/DOUBLEPOST]Finally got Xiomi Note 4 3GB/32 GB for 9999

Got cover and some screen protection thing too for additonal 340

Last edited:
Back