Reliance Communications (Rcom) shutting down on 30th Nov 2017. Port out soon!

swatkats

Skilled
Telecom operator Reliance Communications (RCom) will shut down voice call service from December 1 and its customers can move to other networks by the end of the year, as per a direction issued by telecom regulator TRAI (Telecom Regulatory Authority of India) on Friday. In its direction to all telecom operators, TRAI said that RCom on October 31, 2017 intimated it that "RCL (Reliance Communications Limited) shall provide only 4G data services to its customers and as a result will discontinue to provide voice services to the subscribers... with effect from 1st December 2017."

RCom informed TRAI that it is providing 2G and 4G services in eight telecom circles of Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, Maharashtra, UP East and West, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Kerala.

Source: http://profit.ndtv.com/news/tech-me...m-to-shut-voice-calls-from-december-1-1771028

Vodafone India allows easy port-out for RCom subscribers:

Vodafone India, the country's second largest telecom operator said that it is offering Reliance Communications customers can now use Vodafone network for facilitating their Port-out requests. This is being done to facilitate porting out and ease connectivity for customers facing network shutdown.

This offer will be valid for all the customers in UP West, Kerala, Haryana, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana, Punjab, UP East, Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Maharashtra & Goa and Karnataka. The company also said that this facility will not be available in Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Gujarat circles.

Facility available Only to send SMS to 1900.

Last edited:
I read up on the PR releases, the plan was to sell off the spectrum and towers to Brookfield, and convert to MVNO, offering only 4G data, nothing about VoLTE.

The NDTV news might be older, considering there is no mention about Brookfield.

From the reports, MNP codes to be valid till 31st december 2017? Did i read right. I have a Rcom number which has 200 rupees balance, Don't know if i'm able to consume all of it.

Is all this shutting down of telecom companies due to Jio?
Which means all the customer fleecing was necessary for their survival.

That is... sad.

Is all this shutting down of telecom companies due to Jio?
Which means all the customer fleecing was necessary for their survival.

That is... sad.

I would not agree with that. Rather, Jio just made their network efficient, that you need to pay 149/month 28 days at least to use it. Secondly, all the companies were posting strong profits etc? And claiming spectrum cost too much? We are a country of a billion citizens, if we split the cost, it will hardly amount to anything.

Instead the cartel increased cost and ran it long and hard. And got hammered into a corner with Jio.

Network not showing on my cuz's phone. Any way to get a porting code now?

Network not showing on my cuz's phone. Any way to get a porting code now?
Latch on to someone else network like Airtel or Vodafone >> Send PORT sms and you can get it.

As stated earlier they should have shut down on 30th Nov but for AP users they did it on 20th itself Had to loose around 138rs

I dont think you can select other n/w in the home circle and unless you're roaming...

Back