Refunds from Amazon / other online retailers getting late after demonetization ?

Sobirvs

Skilled
I am not sure if this is even a problem or not. But since demonetization , I have done transactions on flipkart, myntra, amazon and apple (itunes / appstore) and refunds has been such a headache and a hassle. It even comes to such an extent that I have to file dispute and fill forms and submit to my branch for temp credit.

It's not the problem with retailers afaik, it's the problem with indian banks. specially yesbank and standard chartered.

Even amazon and apple told me if the bank is nt able to locate the refund/reversal then file a dispute under "Refund not processed".

This hasn't just happened with me, but with a friend of mine and my gf too. Now sure what's going on but it's quite frustrating , needing to keep an eye on refunds these days. Is this happening with anyone else ?

You've been doing refunds with all these e-tailers? Have they been smooth generally (prior to DeMo)?

I do alot of online shopping. Myntra had to give me 3 refunds out of 10 things i bought, apple had to refund me 70% of what i made a purchase from IAP. and amzn too, it was so smooth previous to Demo. Now it's torture to always keeping a check on if they have sent the refund or not.

Previously it was like, idon't have to call the merchant or the bank,

Maybe too may people have started using online shopping, and the retailers have not scaled up? Maybe Nemesis can add this to his list against DeMo

Maybe too may people have started using online shopping, and the retailers have not scaled up? Maybe Nemesis can add this to his list against DeMo

just look at this

FJ6bAvE.jpg

this is in my statement will standard chartered. Pathetic!

a payment made on 27th, and refund i am getting on 21st, entirely not the fault of apple , i blame the bank! they take so much time to settle refunds these days.

Back