Refrigerator 300 litres

kriplani

Disciple
Hi friends,

I am looking for a refrigerator of volume approx. 300 litres in a budget of 25K-28K. I have been using an Godrej model which has served for 20 years, but now its ageing. Based on the generic feedback available on internet, i found that LG, Whirlpool and Samsung models have been preferred.

Request you to suggest some models which can go on for 10-15 years and the after sales service, spares etc. are easily available.

regards,

Forget it. All manufacturers keep changing models every year. All spare parts are out of stock by two years i think. In 10-15 years you wont get anything for the fridge.

I have an LG frost free which is ~12+ years old. A plastic washer on the bottom part of the door broke a year back and LG does not have the spares. No company is going to keep spare parts for old models and fill up valuable space which they can use for new models. No one will keep spare parts thinking some person will show up after 15-20 years requiring a plastic washer or door handle or rubber seal.

Use the old fridge till you feel like getting rid of it. Just exchange it for new inverter based models which are much better at cooling and saving electricity. Some of these are inverter battery friendly too (some LG model). Buy which ever comes in your budget and has maximum space.

I only found a whirlpool fridge of 275l capacity in less than 25k. Buy from local shop on exchange.
https://www.amazon.in/Whirlpool-278-ELT-ALPHA-STEEL/dp/B01LXXWT04

Last edited:
I didn't recommend that model because it is 1 star rating and on LG India site there are additional images showing that there is no compartment for water bottle on the bottom of the door. It looks really odd.

The LG website says it is 4 star model. As 6pack said about water bottle compartment, will try to see some models in local shop before buying.

Back