Redmi 4 Note live event

6pack

ex-Mod

Been 16+ minutes and they're only playing some ads back to back. What kind of a live event is this?[DOUBLEPOST=1484809979][/DOUBLEPOST]Awesome pricing:
2GB RAM, 32GB storage for 9999,
3GB/32GB for 10999, 4GB/64GB for 12999.
No separate sdcard slot. Dual sim- 1 micro and 1 nano. One of them is hybrid and supports up to 128GB sdcard. 4G Volte. Full HD 5.5" screen I think. SD 625 with 14nm finfet tech. Nougat preview. Will get full version in coming days.
Made in India.

Some testers got around 1 day sot. No wonder other phone manufacturers started giving discounts on their phones.

Last edited:
Great pricing but would've loved a separate SD card and 2nd slim slot. The 4100 mAh battery is what I love the most. I hope other manufacturers take a cue from this.

^I guess it is not a downgrade, the performance will be the on par with 650 but may be lil less than that. I guess 650 has 2 high performance cores and 4 normal cores and all 6 cores are normal cores in 625. One of the best 600 SD SoC's is 625 with better battery optimisations and FinFET technology is best supported in 625. Could be the possible reason to choose 625 and ensure that you have 20-25% jump in battery performance.

Isn't 625 is below 650 ?

I thought it will be come with 652....
625 is ahead than 650. other than drastic battery optimizations
650 has 2*a72 + 4*a53 @ 1.8
625 has 8*a53 @ 2 ghz

snapdragon has weird processor numbering system where lower is sometimes higher

Last edited:
625 is ahead than 650. other than drastic battery optimizations
650 has 2*a72 + 4*a53 @ 1.8
625 has 8*a53 @ 2 ghz

snapdragon has weird processor numbering system where lower is sometimes higher

Nope
A72 cores are faster than A53
So 625 is not ahead of 650 performance wise bit provides way better battery optimization and efficient multi-core usage as it is built on 14nm compared to 650 which is built on 28nm tech

A72 cores are faster, but instead of those 2 cores of A72 we get 4 (2extra cores than 650)cores of A53 which lead to a higher throughput

You can only gain the benifits of those extra cores if and only if the apps are multithreaded.
The presence of two A72 cores in 650 ensure that device can easily handle any heavy applications you throw at device while the a53 cores can operate during idle and background processes.(big.LITTLE )
I feel that Redmi 4 deserves SD 652 else the Xiaomi has probably got plans for launching a similar device with sd652 at higher price tag.
Though the device definitely benfits from 14nm tech.

Isn't 625 is below 650 ?

I thought it will be come with 652....
Numerically yes but the SD625 is based on the newer 14nm architecture (against the SD650's 28nm) which offers better efficiency. Performance wise though the SD650 is better.
As someone already said I think they are reserving the SD652 (or higher model) for a higher end model ~16-17k price range. Xiaomi doesn't have any model for 15-20k price range do they?

What about the GPU adreno 506 in 625 vs adreno 510 in 650.
Adreno 510 on the SD650. Current Note 3 owners don't have any reason to upgrade.

Leaving all that aside did anyone managed to get it on launch yesterday? I couldn't and noticed that many others also couldn't buy it. Just how many pieces do they have in stock?? :mad: Though its not something which I didn't expect.
I'm now waiting for the MWC Feb event. I haven't given up hopes for a good compact phone. Thanks Xiaomi. :p

Numerically yes but the SD625 is based on the newer 14nm architecture (against the SD650's 28nm) which offers better efficiency. Performance wise though the SD650 is better.
As someone already said I think they are reserving the SD652 (or higher model) for a higher end model ~16-17k price range. Xiaomi doesn't have any model for 15-20k price range do they?

Adreno 510 on the SD650. Current Note 3 owners don't have any reason to upgrade.

Leaving all that aside did anyone managed to get it on launch yesterday? I couldn't and noticed that many others also couldn't buy it. Just how many pieces do they have in stock?? :mad: Though its not something which I didn't expect.
I'm now waiting for the MWC Feb event. I haven't given up hopes for a good compact phone. Thanks Xiaomi. :p
4gb +64 gb sounds a good configuration for price tag..
And being owner of RN3 , agree that performance difference is negligible to make it worth the upgrade, but the phone is good buy if you are looking to get a new one

Expecting 653, I've heard there is a varient which comes equipped with it. Hopefully they release it here in India as well if does indeed exist.

I was getting a heavy rush error on Mi app. So I went to FlipKart. Every 64GB version was sold out except the 32GB ones. Tried to buy that but got stuck for minutes trying to load cart. Then my internet also dies and I ended up reading the newspaper.

Btw, next sale is on 3rd Feb @12pm I think.

i saw some being offered for 2-4k extra over the flipkart price on olx/ebay. are there ppl who actually are so desperate for a mi note 4?

Got 4GB/64GB Gold for a friend yesterday
Were you able to order it immediately? Or did it take you multiple tries?

Heard Flipkart/Xiaomi sold 250000 units of the Note 4. Exaggerated?
i saw some being offered for 2-4k extra over the flipkart price on olx/ebay. are there ppl who actually are so desperate for a mi note 4?
Its not an Mi Note 4 its a Redmi Note 4. I don't think people will pay 4k extra. 500rs though they can consider. I don't think its worth that much. Not getting it in the sale is not like the end of the world anyway.

Last edited:
Back