Receiving minimum 2 spam calls from Idea 4G everyday. How to file DND complaint?

Zaibatsu

Disciple
Idea 4G executives are disturbing me daily for porting. How can I file a DND complaint? I'm using iPhone 8 Plus, so I don't have an option for filing complaint through DND 2.0 app. This is happening since the last 1 month. Every time I block the no, they call from some different no. This is illegal :(

Last edited:
It does work on android. Not sure what u mean..[DOUBLEPOST=1535128999][/DOUBLEPOST]

I say ignorance is bliss. Understand how system works and than you can write...

I know TRAI DND can't work on iOS as it can't get the necessary permissions to read call log/messages due to iOS limitations. But do you know any alternative way like manually filing a DND complaint through SMS?

Last edited:
The DND app itself sends out a formatted SMS to 1909. If you copy the format you can manually send an SMS as well.

As per the current provisions, every access provider has setup a mechanism for registering complaints of its customers regarding receipt of UCC through voice call or SMS to toll free number 1909. For complaint through SMS, customer has to send SMS "COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX; dd/mm/yy; Time in hh:mm; short description of Unsolicited Commercial Communication" to 1909, where XXXXXXXXXX - is the telephone number or header of the SMS, from which the UCC has originated.
https://trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/Consultation Paper on UCC3_8_12.pdf

You can even call 1909 and raise a complaint IINM.

The DND app itself sends out a formatted SMS to 1909. If you copy the format you can manually send an SMS as well.

As per the current provisions, every access provider has setup a mechanism for registering complaints of its customers regarding receipt of UCC through voice call or SMS to toll free number 1909. For complaint through SMS, customer has to send SMS "COMP TEL NO XXXXXXXXXX; dd/mm/yy; Time in hh:mm; short description of Unsolicited Commercial Communication" to 1909, where XXXXXXXXXX - is the telephone number or header of the SMS, from which the UCC has originated.
https://trai.gov.in/sites/default/files/Consultation Paper on UCC3_8_12.pdf

You can even call 1909 and raise a complaint IINM.
That DND is crap app. Learning about it here i used it and in 10days started getting calls from Vodafone that the request forwarded has been denied by TRAI and bla bla. Received 13 calls in spam of 10hrs almost one after another. They then gave me an email to send complete snapshot for appropriate action.

That DND is crap app. Learning about it here i used it and in 10days started getting calls from Vodafone that the request forwarded has been denied by TRAI and bla bla. Received 13 calls in spam of 10hrs almost one after another. They then gave me an email to send complete snapshot for appropriate action.

Same happened with me when I was using the app on an Android phone. I thought I must have typed something wrong in the format

And the app is so so heavy as if I'm using win 10 on 128mb ram. It doesn't use much memory but the feeling of freezing is beyond ones patience.

Back