PC Peripherals Received an email from Razer Support. Are they serious?

mjumrani

Skilled
We apologize for the problems you have had with your Razer Product. In lieu of having to return the product for an exchange you can simply supply a picture of the unit showing the cut USB cord/audio connector and the serial number of the unit. Once we have the picture we can send out a replacement product for you. You should be able to cut the cord with a standard pair of scissors. Please be sure to show the cut USB cord/audio connector and the serial number in the same picture whenever possible.

We know that cutting the cord on a Razer product can be a bit painful for some of our devoted fans; truthfully, it makes us cringe a bit also. If you prefer to return your entire defective unit, just let us know and we will supply you with a traditional (RMA) Return Authorization Number. We just thought sending the picture would make things a bit easier and quicker for you.

Please let us know your choice and reply back to with the photo and include a copy to tpsupport_sg@razerzone.com or let us know if you would prefer the traditional RMA number.

I have a deathadder 3.5G with a left click/double click problem.
They want me to cut the mouse cord. Are they nuts?

they just want to be sure u are not using it and getting a replacement too .... so either send it to them and wait or cut it and show it to them

This is standard procedure when you want to RMA Razer products .. atleast they gave you a better option to just post the pic .. :)

mjumrani said:
I have a deathadder 3.5G with a left click/double click problem.

They want me to cut the mouse cord. Are they nuts?
Yes, this is not a scam. :p

There are cases where Logitech has requested that the mouse be smashed into pieces and a photograph sent to them.

When requesting RMA, ask them to clearly mark it as a 'Replacement Product under Warranty'. If there is an issue with customs, you can then raise an issue with Fedex about why they paid the duty.

Cut the cord, send pic and solder wires back :p damn ppl should do this for good mice and get replacement ones too :D

SunnyBoi said:
Cut the cord, send pic and solder wires back :p

How would that solve the left click/double click problem?? :S

BTW, this is something new for me. But nonetheless, it is a nice option and (practically) hassle free for the customer as well.

mjumrani said:
^How much duty?
i think it was 600-700 , i told them that it is an rmaed product and tried to to talk it out ..still had to shell 400.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nehaladsul said:
How would that solve the left click/double click problem?? :S

BTW, this is something new for me. But nonetheless, it is a nice option and (practically) hassle free for the customer as well.
you can replace the clicker thing from another local mouse..its working one of my friends..

Sounds crazy..

I wish the same procedure should be taken by mobo/gpu mfgs.

Then just imagine their emails...

We apologize for the problems you have had with your xyz Product. In lieu of having to return the product for an exchange you can simply supply a picture of the unit showing that it is blasted into bits or smashed hard enough to take it apart.:bleh: Once we have the picture we can send out a replacement product for you. You should be able to smash our product using a pair of hammers.:rofl:please be sure to show the damages & broken USB cord/audio connector/vga/hdmi etc. including dimm slots, pci slots & north/south bridges ports and the serial number in the same picture whenever possible.;)

Thank you for permanently damaging our product, we duly appreciate it and are processing your RMA.:)

^^ Imagine how much fun it will be if we RMA the HDD in this manner :bleh::bleh:... Smashing up a HDD to bits is not a easy thing even with a hamer..

Seems I have no option but to cut the wire :(

Will do that today and send the pic. It will take 3-5 days for the mouse to reach me.

Will make sure they mention Replacement product under warranty.

whats the process to rma and the email ID . i have a razer DA under warranty but dont have a bill . The arrow shakes on moving the mouse

Sent them the pic of the cut wire :(

They have sent the replacement though :)

But until then I'm using the MX600 which has started having mood swings and also needs a replacement :(

^^ Awesome support from Razer. Where did they ship from and via DHL ?

Also do we need to send scanned copy of invoice for the same ?

Back