Really bad Logitech customer service

I bought a Logitech keyboard from the suggestions in my thread here:

https://techenclave.com/community/threads/need-suggestions-for-a-keyboard.183834/

The keyboard started having problem with the spacebar within a few days only. As mentioned in the above thread, I went to their walk-in center on July 15th for a keyboard replacement. They kept the keyboard and gave me an acknowledgement and told that the keyboard was not in stock, and told me that they will call me, when the keyboard is in stock, and also told me that it might take a few days.

Now it is getting close to two months, and I haven't got the replacement yet.

I had called the walk-in center after just over 15 days, and I had asked about the keyboard. They said it is still not in stock, and told me that I will get a message when the keyboard arrives.

I then wrote to Logitech support, that it's been over 15 days, and I haven't got the keyboard, but as usual, I just got a wishy washy reply, explaining to me about the procedure, which wasn't useful at all. He told me to contact walk-in center for a follow-up.

Right from the beginning, the Logitech support emails have been pretty bad, with really stupid replies which are very unsatisfactory.

What should I do? Is this much delay normal?

I had problems with a Logitech mouse years ago, and that time, the defective mouse was changed immediately, and I was impressed. But, this time, this kind of customer service is just terrible.

I don't have a keyboard, and I have to manage with a really old keyboard with hard keys of my cousin.

I wasn't expecting this from a reputed company like Logitech.

Can't Logitech direct their walk-in center to provide me the keyboard as soon as possible? Can't they ask the reason for such delay?

I wasn't expecting this from a reputed company like Logitech.

This.

They cannot leave you in a lurch for trusting their brand. Either they should
  • Give you a new keyboard
  • Give you a higher keyboard (if the same model is not in stock)
  • Provide you with a voucher, so that you can purchase another keyboard
  • Refund
Why you kept it going on for so long ? Do post about the issue on their twitter handle / FB. Time to create some ruckus.

Well, I am a patient guy, and so I was willing to wait. When I had called after 15 days, and they told it would take more time.. I decided to wait a few days more. Plus, I have been running busy...so it slipped my mind to follow up recently. However, this has gone on for too long.

I just called the walk-in center and they told me that the keyboard is due to arrive at 7th. So, let's see for a few more days. I asked him why such an amount of delay, and he told me that the delay is not from their end, but Logitech's... and he told that they deliver hand to hand generally.

I will wait till 7th, and if I don't get the keyboard, or even if I do get it. ... I am going to write a stern email to Logitech about this. I will also write to them about the low quality email replies.

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

I am now thinking of not buying Logitech stuff anymore. I got a mouse from HP this time, and it has been working really well. The same mouse has been working great for my cousin for last two years.

For keyboard though, I don't know of any other company who makes quality and durable keyboards for a reasonable price.

Yea, might be.

When I had gone to their walk-in center, they had told me that it might get delayed, and they also told that customers who had given for replacement in last 15 days hadn't got their replacements too.

So, maybe some problem from Logitech side, but then, I should be given an approximate time, and also give a satisfactory explanation. It's just bad service.

Also, regarding their quality of products too, I haven't been much satisfied. Both mouse and keyboard that I bought in recent years developed issues very soon. Keys becoming wobbly, hard to press..or mouse developing click problems. Therefore too, I want to change the brand.

Have you asked them for a credit note for the same value?... I don't think they'll have much problem in issuing you one.

I had problems with a Logitech mouse years ago, and that time, the defective mouse was changed immediately, and I was impressed.

I had the same experience last week, took my year old G402 that had conked off for replacement and was provided a new one instantly.

Lucky for you that they provided instantly :).

Normally, it should happen this way only. But, I am yet to understand why there was a delay with my keyboard. And as the walk-in center said, it was a problem for all their users, since sometime. When I will go to get the keyboard, I will talk to them about this, and try to understand the issue.

How did it conk off ?

Normal use, signs were there for a few months but I never bothered getting it replaced until it died completely. It would skip every now and then, mouse 3 clicks wouldn't register occasionally, eventually the lights and sensor turned off every time within 10 minutes.

[DOUBLEPOST=1504856564][/DOUBLEPOST]
Normal use, signs were there for a few months but I never bothered getting it replaced until it died completely. It would skip every now and then, mouse 3 clicks wouldn't register occasionally, eventually the lights and sensor turned off every time within 10 minutes.
Ok, I more or less having the same issues. Would they provide replacement if I have such problems ?

My older Logitech mouse too developed same problems. Once, the middle click stopped working.

Other times, the left or right click won't work properly. Was pretty frustrating, because the issues occurred quite soon than expected. That's why I have been disappointed with Logitech products recently.

If the mouse is in warranty, and the issue can be checked at their end, then they will have to replace it, and they should.

^Yeah, I totally agree. I have my 6 years old G400 working completely fine. But G402 has developed issues with CS:GO within 6 months.

I finally got the keyboard today. They had sent me a message yesterday, on Tuesday. When I had called them on 4th, they had said that the keyboard will arrive at 7th. I got no message from them that day. When I called on 8th, and 9th, no one was picking up the phone, despite the number getting busy a few times. Finally, they picked up the call on Monday, and told that the courier is on the way, and they will message me when it reaches here. So, on Tuesday, I got the sms about the product being available for pickup.

Today, I inquired them about the delay, and they said the delay is from Logitech side itself. When I asked the reason, they said that it might be because of manufacturing, or GST, or whatever.

I am now thinking of emailing Logitech and asking about the reason for the delay. I hope the same guy does not reply to my emails, which has been replying since the beginning, because his replies have been pretty stupid so far. I would like to complain about the quality of the support emails too, but if the same guy responds, what's the use :/

Back