Everything held except power adapter.
Is it micro usb? then umpteen held.

Just to make things clear here.

You need to buy few more things if you want to use Pi as media downloader:

1. WiFi Dongle
2. USB Powered Hub
3. Power Adapter
4. Micro SD Card

There are four USB ports on the Pi itself. Can't we just plug in an external HDD for saving torrents?

I know I'll have to do a lot of research to get this thing up and running :)

By the way guys, if you can wait 25 days for stuff to get delivered, dx.com is one of the cheapest and best places to get stuff for your Pi 2 :D

I already have this beautiful case and heat sinks in mind...

Case
http://www.dx.com/p/raspberry-pi-ab...-raspberry-pi-b-white-red-397320#.VgYvxWt8tAc

Heat Sinks (if at all required)
http://www.dx.com/p/abs-heat-dissip...-pi-silver-white-1-x-3pcs-222212#.VgYvxWt8tAc

There is also an aluminum one available on dx.com, which has a small fan connected to it for better cooling (if at all required) :D

Also, for the adapter, you can simply visit a regular electronics store and tell them to give you a 5v 2A adapter (5 volts, 2 Amperes) and you're good to go :)[DOUBLEPOST=1443246357][/DOUBLEPOST]
^yes, you can do it. However good quality power adapter, SD Card and powered USB hub are must.

EXACTLY!. No one should risk a 2500 buck electronic equipment on a shitty cheap chinese adapter :)

Try to get a branded one, especially with an ISI mark or a ROHS mark :)

Just need to do research on the powered USB hub and why I can't just plug in my external Seagate Backup Plus 1 TB HDD into one of the onboard ones :)

Yes just connect external HDD no need for external power at all , though connect a portable one.

Bought it from the same seller but from Ebay. Used a coupon, saved a few bucks. Thanx for the link :D

It actually turned out to be cheaper than the dx.com link that I posted :p

Also, what makes it even more sweet is that it's an official product from the Raspberry Pi Foundation :D

link plz i didt find and i dont bought it from amazon.in

Bought it from the same seller but from Ebay. Used a coupon, saved a few bucks. Thanx for the link :D

It actually turned out to be cheaper than the dx.com link that I posted :p

Also, what makes it even more sweet is that it's an official product from the Raspberry Pi Foundation :D
The ones sold on ebay are duplicate. I have the experience. Do check that.

Post the ebay listing link and coupon?

and yes you can use a pen drive. but pen drives are not meant for this and it will die.

Back