Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

My audio gear wish list goes here:

To try:
UE900 & TripleFi (why? soundstage from reviews)
Any Sennheiser particularly HD600/HD650/IE800/HD25(all variations)
Earsonic SM64/SM3v2 (why? soundstage from reviews)
Koss 950 (affordable electrostatic?!)
Tera Player (WT% player is this?! too curious)
Any HiFiMan products (IEMs/HP/Source)
Vmoda (Headphones/Vamp Versa)
EX1000 (reason esanthosh)
Digizoid ZO2/ZO3 (bass without killing other frequencies? acc to their site)
Any Hybrid earphones (particularly Sony xba h3/ Tpeos H200)
Lekerton UHA6SMK3 (too many good reviews)
iFi Audio iCan/iCan Nano
Colorfly C3/C4Pro
HiSoundAudio (Studio ANV3/Rocoo BA)
Shure SE530/SE535 (had LTD model wants to try or own older model(s), I like shure sound signature)

To own (wishlist ;-)
ER4P (read so many good reviews)
DT880 600Ohm/250Ohm (reason: wants to try Semi-Open, good for all genres)
DX100 (Eying on this one very long time........)
O2+ODAC (JDS/Epiphany)
Venturecraft products (Soundroid/TT) (impressed with DDS1, but battery is giving me trouble now)

Dream list
Audeze LCD2.2
FitEar Universal/Customs
JH13 FreqPhase
WooAudio (Tube amps at leaset WA3)
Stax top end

So basically, you just need to visit @esanthosh and you can tick off quite a few.:p

You should add the 1plus2 to your soundstage list.

I don't know why, but so far I'm having the best luck in terms of fit when it comes to iems. While so many ppl had a prob with SE535 and MH1c, I found both incredibly easy to use and live with!

Whatever you did to my precious will surely happen to you soon :mad: Will meet you both soon in the ICU :p

i have given my brainwavz m3 to my brother and kept mh-1 for myself as they emulate many aspects of m3.
mh-1 has easy fit,,,but i got no extra tips with my OEM model and am using the gr07 tips only.....good enough

@itsvel06

I am feeling so relieved today. For the first time, I changed three IEMs and didn't feel a thing. No more twist, turn, memory wire. I don't miss SE535 at all. Once your 'precious' with bandages all over it's broken body reaches you, be sure to admit it to ICU :p

see,it means u are rising above all these things.u don't care anymore and u should bundle all ur collections to ur fellow indians who still enjoy these products:headphone:

u are above all these worldly matters now @esanthosh[DOUBLEPOST=1388687752][/DOUBLEPOST]has anyone read alok nath jokes??
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/532616/20140102/alok-nath-jokes-twitter-memes-facebook-babuji.htm

Last edited:
So any final word on HiFinage.com. I was thinking of ordering RE-400 from them considering they are giving 1 year warranty on those.

@rdst_1

That still awaits clarification from @abhi_jollyguy. I hope he will honor warranty.

@sardar17

At one point of time, all I wanted was to get my (heard) IEM count to 100. I wanted to hear every new arrival on the land of head-fi. I no longer have that urge.

At one point of time, I wanted to do reviews right, left, center and then up, down as well. But, I no longer have that urge.

When I can afford to think the same way about money, you shall get your wish :p.

Last edited:
So any final word on HiFinage.com. I was thinking of ordering RE-400 from them considering they are giving 1 year warranty on those.
hifinage said that they will be listed as hifiman officialdealers in january 2014 and its already 2014.
i guess u should go to hifiman page and see if they are listed or not

no idea then,,its risky to buy then as build quality is just not good and with a moderate use they won't survive beyond 6 months.i would say buy directly from hifiman site or call the hifinage to clear the doubt

The build quality is the only thing stopping me right now. The pricing at hifinage is much better than the $99 plus shipping plus customs that it will cost me if I order from head-direct.
These will be used when cycling and therefore build quality has to be good. Looks like I will have to shell some more money for a similar sounding IEM with better build quality. If only the RE-400 came with removable cables.

The build quality is the only thing stopping me right now. The pricing at hifinage is much better than the $99 plus shipping plus customs that it will cost me if I order from head-direct.
These will be used when cycling and therefore build quality has to be good. Looks like I will have to shell some more money for a similar sounding IEM with better build quality. If only the RE-400 came with removable cables.

u can order gr07 if u can handle slightly hot treble and sibilance for 130$(no customs)
i think @esanthosh can guide u better

Definitely not when cycling. Extremely comfortable but not durable.
You could consider the dual driver TDK IE800. They should be better suited for active use without a significant compromise on sound quality.

Or even the UE600? Comfortable, isolates well .
MEElectronics A161P could be considered as well.

Kindly be patient, it doesn't happen like[if we purchase any commodity from the company so that they will list us as an authorized dealer as soon as we purchase from them, because there is a paper work requirement for few companies {hifiman is one of them} for being an authorized dealer and it takes time and there are many number of people in the company] you think people.

@sardar17 In company, there are departments like sales department, support department, head-fi sponsor department(in case of head-fi) as well as Marketing Manager of Pan Pacific Asia department. We are dealing with the last department of the company hifiman which sponsor at head-fi might be unaware of.

We definitely honor 1-year manufacturer warranty on hifiman products. The reason we were not posting regarding this because we respect TE policies and we might get a warning for this too.

Thank you! @esanthosh for tagging me.

Kindly be patient, it doesn't happen like[if we purchase any commodity from the company so that they will list us as an authorized dealer as soon as we purchase from them, because there is a paper work requirement for few companies {hifiman is one of them} for being an authorized dealer and it takes time and there are many number of people in the company] you think people.

@sardar17 In company, there are departments like sales department, support department, head-fi sponsor department(in case of head-fi) as well as Marketing Manager of Pan Pacific Asia department. We are dealing with the last department of the company hifiman which sponsor at head-fi might be unaware of.

We definitely honor 1-year manufacturer warranty on hifiman products. The reason we were not posting regarding this because we respect TE policies and we might get a warning for this too.

Thank you! @esanthosh for tagging me.

thanks,i also asked the member to contact u for clarification.
and btw are u guys planning to get t-peos 200??

thanks,i also asked the member to contact u for clarification.
and btw are u guys planning to get t-peos 200??
Well T-Peos H-200, just now we have received an email from t-Peos CEO that new model or can say successor of T-Peos H-200 is about to launch very very soon ;). We even have pictures of that new model and it is a looker :p

Well T-Peos H-200, just now we have received an email from t-Peos CEO that new model or can say successor of T-Peos H-200 is about to launch very very soon ;). We even have pictures of that new model and it is a looker :p
any approximate details on the pricing??
also why don't u guys open a shop on ebay.in too

Quick Poll: Any specific IEMs you guys want me to compare against C-12?

List of IEMs available with me: SoundMagic PL11, SM ES18 (may not be fair to them), Brainwavz Delta, SM E30, SM E10M, BW M4 (fair range?), MH1C, Brookstone CDD, Steel Series Flux, Eterna v1 (may not be fair to C-12)

Quick Poll: Any specific IEMs you guys want me to compare against C-12?

List of IEMs available with me: SoundMagic PL11, SM ES18 (may not be fair to them), Brainwavz Delta, SM E30, SM E10M, BW M4 (fair range?), MH1C, Brookstone CDD, Steel Series Flux, Eterna v1 (may not be fair to C-12)
mh-1 please as they are exactly at the same price point of 2000 right now

Back